Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 09:57 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Twingles I didnt say anything about the quality of Hicksville's schools. I said they are diverse. And there isnt really correlation between diversity and school quality. Just bc a school is diverse, doesnt mean it's bad.
I agree with you...most LIers do not....grew up inHuntinngton schools...oh the horror!...this discussion started w claims that places like where I live are not diverse which is 100% untrue and with that diversity we have no fear of the schools in the area....my claim is that any area of LI that is truly heterogeneous gets thrashed here on a regular basis. you and I agree that going to such a school is beneficial and it is one of the reasons we moved where we did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 10:01 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
that is favour....ILLB....loo....such an affectation isn't it?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
the entire diversity point is nonsense at best. way to grab hold of a stupid comment and beat it to death....why dont you expats try and tell us how nice the weather is down there. if the weather in NY today was like this for 6 months, imagine how many more people would be murdered.
Well..., it's not. Just where do you think people are moving to "down there" where it's 90 for six months out of the year? Way to garab hold of an inaccurate perception and beat it to death.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:39 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You don't write like you even grew up or were educated in America, let alone Bellmore. You are always using the Queen's English spellings in your posts. We really have no idea where you're actually from. Your description of Bellmore as racially diverse is the only one of its kind I've ever heard on LI.
I'm agreeing 100 %. So true...I was educated( well sort of) on L.I. and If I wrote anything like my parents I would have fail miserably.

A lot of what she says makes no sense

Old 06-24-2013, 10:49 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I'm agreeing 100 %. So true...I was educated( well sort of) on L.I. and If I wrote anything like my parents I would have fail miserably.

A lot of what she says makes no sense
How would I know about school names and town names and roadways and restaurants if I wasnt from here?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:51 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Google?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Well..., it's not. Just where do you think people are moving to "down there" where it's 90 for six months out of the year? Way to garab hold of an inaccurate perception and beat it to death.
5 months better?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Google?
Yeah because i waste my time googling all about a place i've never been to...

I posted something about the OBI in the old restaurants of LI thread. Google wasnt even around then. Why would I bother coming into this thread to talk about Long Island if I didnt live here ever?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 AM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yeah because i waste my time googling all about a place i've never been to...

I posted something about the OBI in the old restaurants of LI thread. Google wasnt even around then. Why would I bother coming into this thread to talk about Long Island if I didnt live here ever?
Okay, I know I said I was done, but I just wanted to pop in to say that there is no amount of Googling that could pull off the amount of information about Long Island that Jdawg posts (even if I disagree with a lot of it ).

Okay, I'm back out now

Old 06-24-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
Okay, I know I said I was done, but I just wanted to pop in to say that there is no amount of Googling that could pull off the amount of information about Long Island that Jdawg posts (even if I disagree with a lot of it ).

Okay, I'm back out now
Hahaha exactly- thank you lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island