Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 10:54 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
There are TONS of relevant/recent hits on KKK + Midlothian, it's insane. Here's another funny one:

Messin with the kkk?
ok, so im from midlothian virginia and i was driving thru powatan county(rural) last night in the middle of the night, and i actually (much to my suprise) drove by a klan meeting. Im serious i swear! Robes, a burning cross, about 50 of them, it was like a movie scene almost it was scary!! these guys i know are in the area cuz they advertise in the local paper, but holy **** that was scary!

so anyway these racist rednecks **** me off so much, just out of curiosity, what if i paid a visit to their next meet? the location was right of a road sorrounded by forest (route 60) about five miles from the nearest gas station, what if i got out of my car with one of those stink bombs that can clear out entire super wal marts, and thru it on their meeting and ran bk to my car? what do u guys think the following occurances would be? once again i swear i am not making this up

and dont say call the police because the field was probably privatly owned by a member and free speech and freedom to assemble would protect them

Additional Details
some ppl said they would chase me, but its not like they can outrun my car?

^^^ between these KKK stories and mongooses "KLANBYs" comment, I got some good LMAO laughs from this thread. LI may not be racially diverse, however race is becoming less and less important. How someone could have lived here 40 years and not know the difference between ethnicity and race is beyond me, considering LI is very ethnically diverse.
LMAO .....funny story! Find that on a google search also? You know for a fact that funny story is real

Yes towns on L.I. are ethnicity diverse but still what some are 80 % Catlochic, 10 % Jewish 5 % Protestant and yes some are from different parts of Europe and yes they have different cultural heritage, shared ancestry, history, homeland, language or dialect in which they might have but most on L.I. don't! They're usually 2,3 or even 4th generation Americans...... All are WHITE

It still doesn't change the fact that THAT MASSAPEQUA is still 98% WHITE and the SCHOOL is 98 % White...that's a FACT not a story that may or may not be true! Using ethnicity to show diversity is a stretch and a very long one at that

You seem to be the type that reads something over the internet and assumes it to be true........ They're right they do exist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
You're kidding right? Comparing A whole state to just L.I. The whole state is racist That's the broadest brush I have ever seen. What's next comparing the city of Richmond against NEW YORK STATE.

AND yes I have walked the streets of both areas with a black family and personally seen their reactions not from google or the computer Goose. Just curious how many times have you walked the streets of MIDLO and at least 75 towns on L.I. with an interracial family? I bet never! So please leave your google experiences to yourself, ok? Everyplace in America has some racists mixed in, some are in the closet some aren't...... No place is perfect! Just have to find a place that works for you and the family!
Every place is racist. Like I said. Wow, you walked with a black family in Midlothian AND LI?! What a scientific sociological study you've performed. I've been to Midlothian to a lovely confederate flag adorned biker strip club with "club colors (and other coloreds) not permitted" hand painted on the door (a peach of a place) and also to crack infused inner-Richmond (right near the Holiday Inn) with gunshots ringing out a block away while I ordered my "how you want yer pork!? chopped 'er sliced" sandwich. It's a lovely up and comer. Denying the place is still heavily redneck and crunk ghetto just under the surface is your LI ex-pat fantasy. Behind the gates of the gated community in a new development with new strip malls I'm sure it's nicer. Too bad the stats cover the whole area, not just the upper income ones.

Like I said. Demographics change and it's getting nicer all the time. Lot's of DC money flooding all of VA.

PS: If you weren't so staunchly defensive you would have seen the obvious humor in my original post and maybe even this one. Let me go find a black chick so I can walk the town and do a racism study. We'll go to Red Mango and see if she is offered watermelon flavor froyo without asking.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,053 times
Was it the Last Chance? Big pictures of Stonewall and Robert E. Lee on the walls? Played Dixie when the girl's shift changed. That place was a hoot back in the day.

BTW, which Holiday Inn?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Sounds nicer than the place I was. Don't recall where the Holiday Inn was exactly but it was definitely just off a rough area (classic southern city MLK Blvd type area). There was a Popeyes and not much else except the "chopped 'er sliced" pork sandwich place which was freakin' awesome by the way. Just jammed slow cooked pork on a bun and had some kind of mustard based bbq sauce on the counters. Man they were good. If you didn't get shot on the way in or out.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Every place is racist. Like I said. Wow, you walked with a black family in Midlothian AND LI?! What a scientific sociological study you've performed. I've been to Midlothian to a lovely confederate flag adorned biker strip club with "club colors (and other coloreds) not permitted" hand painted on the door (a peach of a place) and also to crack infused inner-Richmond (right near the Holiday Inn) with gunshots ringing out a block away while I ordered my "how you want yer pork!? chopped 'er sliced" sandwich. It's a lovely up and comer. Denying the place is still heavily redneck and crunk ghetto just under the surface is your LI ex-pat fantasy. Behind the gates of the gated community in a new development with new strip malls I'm sure it's nicer. Too bad the stats cover the whole area, not just the upper income ones.

Like I said. Demographics change and it's getting nicer all the time. Lot's of DC money flooding all of VA.

PS: If you weren't so staunchly defensive you would have seen the obvious humor in my original post and maybe even this one. Let me go find a black chick so I can walk the town and do a racism study. We'll go to Red Mango and see if she is offered watermelon flavor froyo without asking.
Sliced or chopped Everyone knows it's pulled down herre. Anyway while your making your generalizations....everyone knows L.I. is so racist and has its ghettos under the surface even the stats could back that up

Seriously, you could nitpick anywhere and use it to your benefit......bottom line I love it here ...do you love living on Long Island ? booyah!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:57 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I dont know, I went to college and grad school and I'm very successful now so how do you think it affected me? It DIDNT- thats how. And I've spent a bunch of summers there with my mom's family. She goes a few times a year and I've picked up some things. So what?
Jdawg, I am just messing with you. I believe you grew up on LI. Let's just say you are a weirdo (oops I mean eccentric) for using British spellings, okay?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:59 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Weird people- we keep life entertaining

Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM

909 posts, read 1,837,107 times
Lol did you read the comments section? Sure seems like the locals believe in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
There are TONS of relevant/recent hits on KKK + Midlothian, it's insane. Here's another funny one:

Messin with the kkk?
ok, so im from midlothian virginia and i was driving thru powatan county(rural) last night in the middle of the night, and i actually (much to my suprise) drove by a klan meeting. Im serious i swear! Robes, a burning cross, about 50 of them, it was like a movie scene almost it was scary!! these guys i know are in the area cuz they advertise in the local paper, but holy **** that was scary!

so anyway these racist rednecks **** me off so much, just out of curiosity, what if i paid a visit to their next meet? the location was right of a road sorrounded by forest (route 60) about five miles from the nearest gas station, what if i got out of my car with one of those stink bombs that can clear out entire super wal marts, and thru it on their meeting and ran bk to my car? what do u guys think the following occurances would be? once again i swear i am not making this up

and dont say call the police because the field was probably privatly owned by a member and free speech and freedom to assemble would protect them

Additional Details
some ppl said they would chase me, but its not like they can outrun my car?

^^^ between these KKK stories and mongooses "KLANBYs" comment, I got some good LMAO laughs from this thread. LI may not be racially diverse, however race is becoming less and less important. How someone could have lived here 40 years and not know the difference between ethnicity and race is beyond me, considering LI is very ethnically diverse.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Sliced or chopped Everyone knows it's pulled down herre. Anyway while your making your generalizations....everyone knows L.I. is so racist and has its ghettos under the surface even the stats could back that up

Seriously, you could nitpick anywhere and use it to your benefit......bottom line I love it here ...do you love living on Long Island ? booyah!
You are incorrect BM. The sandwich place specifically asks "how do you want your pork? chopped 'er sliced?!" And they pack 'em in for lunch. I'm starting to suspect you really don't live there at all. Of course LI is totally racist. It ain't the original white flight mecca for nothin'!

Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
You are incorrect BM. The sandwich place specifically asks "how do you want your pork? chopped 'er sliced?!" And they pack 'em in for lunch. I'm starting to suspect you really don't live there at all. Of course LI is totally racist. It ain't the original white flight mecca for nothin'!
You got me..we currently live in Roosevelt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island