Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 08:09 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,838,435 times

Advertisements

My neighbor, MONDAY-FRIDAY gets in his car, and drives off somewhere. I am so irate he doesn't tell me where he's going. How rude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 09:02 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
OMG this is the best thread ever! I am really LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW My neighbors allow their kids to play in the back yard and make a lot of noise. Should I call noise control?
(seriously, I figure it is karma as my 3 boys were quite noisy in the pool when growing up. It's actually nice to know some kids still play stuff other than video games)

Old 06-15-2013, 09:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Today I was in the backyard with my son and my neighbor was barbecuing. He asked if my son and I would like a burger. HOW RUDE!!! What am I, a charity case??? Not to mention I KNOW he had some steaks on there too. I guess we're not classy enough for one of those, huh?

Old 06-16-2013, 07:08 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Every time my next-door neighbor drives by my house she has a glowing light blinking on her car. Then she slowly drives into her driveway. Very very suspicious. Nobody else has this glowing light blinking on their car when they drive by my house. She has some sort of sticker on her car too.
Just following up on my own post. I was sleepless and about to call the cops on my neighbor. It turns out, my daughter tells me, this 'glowing light blinking' is called a turn signal and she puts it on before turning into her driveway.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:45 AM

886 posts, read 2,647,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Just following up on my own post. I was sleepless and about to call the cops on my neighbor. It turns out, my daughter tells me, this 'glowing light blinking' is called a turn signal and she puts it on before turning into her driveway.
I can't stand ignorant neighbors. The widow next door to us got her bloomers all knotted up when I kindly asked her to please push her Electra 225 down the driveway and start it in the street because it wakes me every Sunday morning when she leaves for 9am Mass.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You are just NOT going to believe what MY neighbor did today, I just do not understand some people.

She actually had the NERVE to DIG holes in the ground and PLANT green things, it is very suspicious to me. She told me they were hostas but I don't know.
Watch out! It might be bamboo. Maybe she's planning to turn her home into a boarding house for giant pandas!

Old 06-16-2013, 04:41 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
My neighbor smokes cigarettes in his car when it's parked, I guess it's time to call the cops.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:13 PM
gag

683 posts, read 1,421,847 times
I looked out my window and saw my neighbor's dog and cat doing the nasty.

Who should I call, animal control, or the Brookhaven Nat. Lab genetics dept. to ask if it's even possible.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:30 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
My neighbors are washing their cars, which are registered in Alaska, with water from their pool and the water is going down the road. Also their cars are rusty. In addition they just put up a sign on their door saying its protected by ADT, but I don't think they really have an alarm system. And they're smoking a cigar on their property. I also don't think they've showered in a week.

Who can I call? This is in Brookhaven. Thanks!
I've heard that they paved paradise. and put up a parking lot!
Surely there are better issues to be belly ached about, yes? Are your school district taxes rising? Isn't gas costing you enough?
How about our line up of crooked politicians, or Google sending our posts to the snoopers? Can a guy with out of state plates,
washing his car, really pi$$ you off? Thicken your skin my friend, we're in for the rest of this journey, a really rocky road with
too many political potholes. Be glad that the guy down the block is just spraying down his car, in a changing world he might be
peppering the street or the neighborhood, with 9mm rounds spewed from another illegal handgun. Bitterness is foolishness,
if you are embittered, take a look at the narrow and dim eyes from where you seem to see life, change your horizon, buck-up,
and do whatever you can to end the bitterness. If you were in the ghetto, you would be bitchin' about the burned-out and abandoned
cars, you gotta give thanks for your neighbors who are washing their cars. You have given me insight to the word, 'disgruntled.

Oh, and are you truly happy about ANYTHING?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:46 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
My neighbor smokes cigarettes in his car when it's parked, I guess it's time to call the cops.
With the windows up? Call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island