Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,654 times

Advertisements

a lot of people from Brooklyn and Queens when they move to Nassau or Suffolk county feel the need to brag where they are from, they feel superior to everyone else just because they are part of the city, but they are physically located on the island, without Long Island they wouldn't exist. I don't even want them on Long Island, they should just find a new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 04:53 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,818 times
Great first post, welcome

Old 12-27-2013, 04:55 PM

530 posts, read 1,360,491 times
lol, you may be onto something. Usually when my friends/relatives visit from there, they act like they're such celebrities and better than everyone else; and act like where I currently stay (Nassau/Suff border) is like the countryside!

But keep in mind that most Long Islanders descended from Bk/Queens ppl who ended up migrating east as they progressed in life. Me included

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 12-27-2013 at 05:53 PM..

Old 12-27-2013, 05:31 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,890,648 times
Everyone I know from Queens or Brooklyn typically says "we're coming into LI". We'd be going into Canada even though we're part of the same continent. What's the big deal?

I don't think they name us LI (a different place than their own) because they feel they're special. They are simply not considered LI. They are part of the 5 boroughs that make up NYC.

The city is diverse in every sense and a great place to visit (some boroughs). But to me all I think of is filthy streets, old buildings & homes (mostly), insufficient parking, mass transit, and tons of traffic. I was born in Queens, frequented Crooklyn, and happy to be on LI in comparison.

Last edited by ovi8; 12-27-2013 at 05:45 PM..

Old 12-27-2013, 10:16 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,324,891 times
They're the same brats that knock down the Pine Barrens to build McMansions, then complain about the deer and have sharpshooters come and shoot them.
Many call 'em Cidiots, people in Jersey call them Bennys, but it all means the same thing, spoiled brat from NYC who thinks they're better than everyone else because they come from the city.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:34 AM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
I wish everybody would move off the island.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:27 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,876 times
This is a smart, insightful post. Please stay here forever.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:57 AM

852 posts, read 1,443,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWilliams View Post
a lot of people from Brooklyn and Queens when they move to Nassau or Suffolk county feel the need to brag where they are from, they feel superior to everyone else just because they are part of the city
I say is all the time about ethnic minorities, and I'll say it again about borough folk:
If it's so great where you're from, why don't you just go back?!

Old 12-28-2013, 03:48 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
They're the same brats that knock down the Pine Barrens to build McMansions, then complain about the deer and have sharpshooters come and shoot them.
Many call 'em Cidiots, people in Jersey call them Bennys, but it all means the same thing, spoiled brat from NYC who thinks they're better than everyone else because they come from the city.
They build quite a few flop houses too I hear.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:41 PM

654 posts, read 945,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJWilliams View Post
a lot of people from Brooklyn and Queens when they move to Nassau or Suffolk county feel the need to brag where they are from, they feel superior to everyone else just because they are part of the city, but they are physically located on the island, without Long Island they wouldn't exist. I don't even want them on Long Island, they should just find a new home.
When we lived on Long Island, my family and I felt the same way. They're boastful, loud, rude, and very crude. They consider Long Island to be boring suburbia where there is nothing to do, yet they still move there. It doesn't make sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island