Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
But she has a 200 foot yard.... dontcha know that flies can't fly 200 feet from the piles of poop to her patio.

I wonder what the dogs do and how they dodge all the piles of poop when they have to go? I wonder if there is some kind of sign letting them know they are at the 200 foot mark and it's OK to poop there?

I agree with you.... I would never go to a person's house who allows their dogs to just run and poop all over the place and then just leave it there until it 'melts into the ground". How freaking DISGUSTING is that????? The dogs surely run through it (or even eat it) and then are in her house and licking her.... BARF.

And if she doesn't think people are talking..... Oh yes. They are.

When you are walking your dog and come upon poop, does your dog step in it? Eat it? Mine doesn't.

The first dog I had at this home always went clear out to the back fence to do his business.......and the rest have followed his example.

Maybe if I was fat I would pick up the poop.....just for the exercise. LOL

Last edited by Annie53; 01-30-2014 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
Are you testing me?Heartgard does NOT treat MATURE stages of heart worm and using the product could actually kill your dog, if your dog had mature full blown heart worm. It does kill IMMATURE stages of heart worm and is still therefore a dewormer.

I used to use Interceptor too until they stopped making it. Also a dewormer of immature stages of worms. You are stuck on dewormers that only treat the MATURE stages of a worm.
Are you testing me? Did I specify heartworm? Aren't we talking about worms that are picked up from feces?

I am stuck on the terminology? How much do you want to bet your vet is too. Ask him for a dewormer ..... he isn't going to give you a heartworm preventative. Try it.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:23 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
Unfortunately I believe too many people do this. They leave the land mines there to melt into the soil and contaminate it. And they don't worry one bit about their children playing in that same soil. Or the flies that land on the feces and then the bbq food. The thought of my dog walking though his own feces or infested soil (worms or not) is absolutely horrifying to me.

I remember one time I was watching Martha Stewart (don't know why since I'm not really a fan of hers) and she was talking about her dogs and cats. She has a HUGE amount of property and her dogs and cats are free to roam around, do their business, etc. She says 1. she cleans up the poop. 2. She actually WASHES her pets' feet before letting them back in the house because she doesn't know what they may have stepped in while running around the property. (I guess she lets them in and then goes out to clean the poop)

Old 01-30-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

When you are walking your dog and come upon poop, does your dog step in it? Eat it? Mine doesn't.

The first dog I had at this home always went clear out to the back fence to do his business.......and the rest have followed his example.

Maybe if I was fat I would pick up the poop.....just for the exercise. LOL
Do you stand at your door watching your dogs at 3am when they are out there pooping to make sure what they're doing? You don't know if they're eating poop or not out there.. You don't know if they're stepping in it or not.. They're 200 feet from you.... as you said, "clear out to the back fence". It's a poop-filled area so you don't know what's happening there. It's very dark at 3am, so you can't possibly see if your dog is eating poop or not., MANY dogs do.

And I don't have any dogs ---- I don't want to have to have to go out walking them in all sorts of weather at all hours of the day or night. And if I had a dog, I would WALK it and interact with it, not just let it run out and crap in my yard,.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Do you stand at your door watching your dogs at 3am when they are out there pooping to make sure what they're doing? You don't know if they're eating poop or not out there.. You don't know if they're stepping in it or not.. They're 200 feet from you.... as you said, "clear out to the back fence". It's a poop-filled area so you don't know what's happening there. It's very dark at 3am, so you can't possibly see if your dog is eating poop or not., MANY dogs do.

And I don't have any dogs ---- I don't want to have to have to go out walking them in all sorts of weather at all hours of the day or night. And if I had a dog, I would WALK it and interact with it, not just let it run out and crap in my yard,.
Except in the dead of winter, I am out in the yard with my dog A LOT......I see what she does....I know her habits..........I don't have to watch her every minute.

Do you think people only interact with their dogs when they are on a walk?

Do you think it is a bright idea to take my dog for walks on a narrow, two lane country road with ditches on both sides?

Have you ever even had a dog?

BTW.....dogs lick their ass too......and it you are that paranoid about germs.....I suggest you never get a dog.....in fact....you better not even leave your house......e-coli is EVERYWHERE!

People who don't wash their hands after a BM touch door handles, shopping carts, packages on shelves, the seats and salt shakers in restaurants.....they touch EVERYTHING! And then.....YOU touch it!

Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I remember one time I was watching Martha Stewart (don't know why since I'm not really a fan of hers) and she was talking about her dogs and cats. She has a HUGE amount of property and her dogs and cats are free to roam around, do their business, etc. She says 1. she cleans up the poop. 2. She actually WASHES her pets' feet before letting them back in the house because she doesn't know what they may have stepped in while running around the property. (I guess she lets them in and then goes out to clean the poop)
LMAO.....do you believe Martha goes around and picks up the poop herself?.....believe she does everything she says she does? Really?

Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
LMAO.....do you believe Martha goes around and picks up the poop herself?.....believe she does everything she says she does? Really?

Regardless if she does it or has one of her workers do it, it's getting done and she doesn't allow her dogs' or cats' poop to just sit there and rot or "melt into the ground'.

And, yes, I believe she cleans her pets' feet before they come back in the house. She, like me, doesn't even allow people to wear shoes in her home, no less allow an animal come in to run around with filthy feet.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Regardless if she does it or has one of her workers do it, it's getting done and she doesn't allow her dogs' or cats' poop to just sit there and rot or "melt into the ground'.

And, yes, I believe she cleans her pets' feet before they come back in the house. She, like me, doesn't even allow people to wear shoes in her home, no less allow an animal come in to run around with filthy feet.
Guess Martha doesn't have cats. I would LOVE to see her wash her cat's feet as they leave the litter box.

By your standards, I imagine you think all cat owners are filthy and disgusting too.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,043 times

i've gotta agree with annie on all of this
i've worked on a ranch for 3 years now, and my dogs come with me.
there is poop of all kinds everywhere, both from wild and domesticated animals, and its near impossible for all of it to be cleaned up immediately and or all the time. i only remove the poop from around the barn where we all usually are. even hoity toity rich and famous people come with no complaints, and there are little to no bad poop related smells (unless you're next to a huge pile or you lean down and put your face next to a pile of dog poo)

one of my dogs even eats the other animals' poop. i don't encourage it,i say no when he goes for it, but sometimes it just happens. and he doesnt get sick OR get worms from doing so. (they get tested regularly)
in the past when a dog has gotten sick, i have asked if it could be from the ranch. never have i heard the answer "yes"

it bothers me when people are this anal about poop and germs. you're picking on a 60 or so year old woman (im just guessing from the user name anyway that she's a woman) for choosing to take care of her yard in her own way.

i bet you're all city slickers. wouldnt last a day doing what i do for a living. not with out, as annie pointed out, a hazmat suit.

anyway, this is all terribly irrelevent. she isnt subletting her basement and she doesnt live on a property the size of a dime rite next to someone else who's property is as small as a dime. but whatever, go ahead being rude to a stranger because you don't like her habbits. even though you'll never have to see them because you'll probably never meet her.

to the op: just talk to them about it. you're paying to live there and have a rite, even if it is their house. [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/reputation.php?p=33501269"]http://pics3.city-data.com/images/ratepost.png[/URL]

Old 11-21-2016, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 9,091 times
Angry Folks are nasty!

My Grandad had a farm! I don't think he would subscribe to your way of thinking! He had rules
1. No pig waste near the vegetables!
2. ( This from a cattle owner): If the cow is being treated, he goes on one patch of pasture only! Some folks don't want beef borne diseases infecting other cattle or me! The rest goes in a compost bin or as we call it " a manure pile"
3. No Dogs on the farm: PERIOD #Nocatseither: The butchers down south insisted on " Cow Farms" not ranches for butchering! Might be why they outlived a lot of ranchers!
And yes, the cats hated me and my sister after we washed their feet! They hated baths: they got over it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island