Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 05:07 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Do you hate all Hispanics because of the acts of a small percentage of bad eggs? Do you hate all Italians for the acts of a small percentage? I don't hate the mentally ill just in case you were wondering.
Who said hate and who said Hispanics? Millions of Hispanics are us citizens and LPRs who did it the right way. No issue with them. I'm talking about those who break our laws and exploit out system for their own benefit placing further strain on our finite resources. You can play that silly nonsense game of "your a racist" just because I believe our immigration laws should be enforced as they were written and as every sovereign nation with borders does. Typical liberal nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 05:29 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Who said hate and who said Hispanics? Millions of Hispanics are us citizens and LPRs who did it the right way. No issue with them. I'm talking about those who break our laws and exploit out system for their own benefit placing further strain on our finite resources. You can play that silly nonsense game of "your a racist" just because I believe our immigration laws should be enforced as they were written and as every sovereign nation with borders does. Typical liberal nonsense.
We should but we don't and that was my original point. You keep blaming and labeling me if it makes you feel better about your hatred.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:50 AM

863 posts, read 2,108,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I guess you NEVER go to Westbury. Bravo is on Post Avenue and Compare is on Union Avenue.
I_Love_LI_but I was quoting our friend Jonnywestbury. He was the one that mentioned certin types of supermarkets coming into his neighborhood and what will follow.

As far as I know Jonny has been sounding the alarm that the sky is falling. aka the immigrants are in my town. Well as others have suggesteed, he can always move.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:56 AM

863 posts, read 2,108,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Do you hate all Hispanics because of the acts of a small percentage of bad eggs? Do you hate all Italians for the acts of a small percentage? I don't hate the mentally ill just in case you were wondering.
long isle don't waste your breth. When you bring up hispanics or immigrants on this board it becomes a hot topic. No one is racist but they don't want them around.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 AM

260 posts, read 450,997 times
Ok well...I for one am going to give John a pass. I don't suffer from mental illness so I don't know what that is like to deal with. Good luck to you John, I am so sorry that the changing face of Westbury is difficult to deal with. As you said, in 2004 it was an Italian community and now, not so much. Just let me reassure you that just like all the Italians in 2004 were not mafiosos, the guys wearing blue jeans and white tank tops are not all MS13 members.

I implore you, if you truly feel worried about your safety in Westbury, go to St. Brigid's and see what community groups appeal to you. There is so much support there and Catholic or not, you will be welcomed. Regardless of the change in ethnicity of the population, St. Brigid continues to be the cornerstone.

Good luck/buona fortuna/buena suerte!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,324,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasty View Post
Ok well...I for one am going to give John a pass. I don't suffer from mental illness so I don't know what that is like to deal with. Good luck to you John, I am so sorry that the changing face of Westbury is difficult to deal with. As you said, in 2004 it was an Italian community and now, not so much. Just let me reassure you that just like all the Italians in 2004 were not mafiosos, the guys wearing blue jeans and white tank tops are not all MS13 members.

I implore you, if you truly feel worried about your safety in Westbury, go to St. Brigid's and see what community groups appeal to you. There is so much support there and Catholic or not, you will be welcomed. Regardless of the change in ethnicity of the population, St. Brigid continues to be the cornerstone.

Good luck/buona fortuna/buena suerte!
I dont care where anyone comes from, what I care about is they respect the community. These men who loiter around do not. All the village has to do is enforce the rules. Look at the mess they left behind after this weekend! They just throw their trash in the bushes. These guys are definitely no asset to this community, I just wish the Village would get off their behinds and follow through with cleaning this town up!

Last edited by Johninwestbury; 06-23-2014 at 07:41 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,524 times
John you will be interested to know that there was a "controversial" police raid Sunday at La Cosita restaurant in Westbury. Hispanic restaurant. The owner is suing as no warrant was issued. County officers & fire marshalls intimidated the customers & asked everyone for ID. Never saying what they were looking for. One violation was issued for someone drinking without proper liquor license. This was all caught on camera for proof, so we will have to wait & see what happens. Saw this at relatives house on News12 this morning.

There are probably aware of trouble just do you know. They must have been looking for something the recording is very clear.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
John you will be interested to know that there was a "controversial" police raid Sunday at La Cosita restaurant in Westbury. Hispanic restaurant. The owner is suing as no warrant was issued. County officers & fire marshalls intimidated the customers & asked everyone for ID. Never saying what they were looking for. One violation was issued for someone drinking without proper liquor license. This was all caught on camera for proof, so we will have to wait & see what happens. Saw this at relatives house on News12 this morning.

There are probably aware of trouble just do you know. They must have been looking for something the recording is very clear.

They don't need a warrant. The were doing a state liquor authority check (or "SLA") check which the police have every right to do. Now was this a cover for something else? Like trying to ID somebody that may frequent there etc? Quite possibly. Still they have every right to do those checks, ditto for fire marshals.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:57 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
They don't need a warrant. The were doing a state liquor authority check (or "SLA") check which the police have every right to do. Now was this a cover for something else? Like trying to ID somebody that may frequent there etc? Quite possibly. Still they have every right to do those checks, ditto for fire marshals.
The customers might have been bringing in alcohol either form the outside or they were illegally serving it without a license. Like I said will have to see how this plays out. Even reporting can be wrong, but tape was pretty clear they were searching the premises & apparently never even said what they were looking for.

Someone either reported them or they were watching place for some reason or another. Who knows what kind of activity goes on in that particular restaurant. If the owner is suing then they probably found nothing. Maybe the owner got lucky that they came at a good time. Maybe they uncovered something illegal going on there who knows.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 AM

413 posts, read 599,174 times
Maybe they got a plate of pernil and a glass of untaxed wine! Call Elliott Ness and the Untouchables! Thank God the Italians and Asians never pulled that "no liquor license" stuff! Maybe they were looking for Suffolk Correction officials playing poker while on the clock!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island