Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:22 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times

Advertisements

Rich people are white trash.
Poor/middle class people are normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 09:31 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Rich people are white trash.
Poor/middle class people are normal.
LOL! Thanks again.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
There is no such thing as poor white people. They all work hard .

Old 02-26-2016, 10:16 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,783,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
There is no such thing as poor white people. They all work hard .
No correlation. You can be poor but work hard, you can also be rich and work very little (ie think trust fund babies).

Also, what is designated as "poor"? Sometimes the term is relative and temporary - like when a wife quits her job to be a SAHM and the income drops in half. They would be poor on paper but once wife goes back to work, the income doubles.

"Poor white people" seems like a strange term - nowadays very few families can really claim they are totally "white" - there is a lot of inter-racial unions now, the last couple I met at a social gathering the wife was Italian and husband AA; another couple Asian & Peruvian. My friend is a teacher and her pre-school class is full of kids who are "half-this or that.."

Old 02-26-2016, 10:18 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,905,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
No correlation. You can poor but work hard, you can also be rich and work very little (ie think trust fund babies). Poor white people seems like a strange term - nowadays very few families can really claim they are totally "white" - there is a lot of inter-racial unions now, the last couple I met at a social gathering the wife was Italian and husband AA; another couple Asian & Peruvian.
I think they were being sarcastic

Old 02-26-2016, 11:48 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Sorry. I should have made it plainly clear that I was using sarcasm. But I understand your point legalDiva. I think most of us tend to put labels on lifestyles rather than actual hard numbers.. If I drive a new Lexus that my parents paid for yet I live in a rathole and don't have a job am I poor? Yes. But how would anyone who doesn't have access to my bank accounts know? I think most people are average and we all aspire to be upper middle class. Lower middle class may be average but it isn't poor.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 621 times
Default Lindenhurst Dump

Much of south shore working class Schlong Island in general is bad news when it comes to downhill white trash guido types, but Lindenhurst takes the cake!

Old 05-19-2021, 10:47 AM

82 posts, read 39,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
No correlation. You can be poor but work hard, you can also be rich and work very little (ie think trust fund babies).

Also, what is designated as "poor"? Sometimes the term is relative and temporary - like when a wife quits her job to be a SAHM and the income drops in half. They would be poor on paper but once wife goes back to work, the income doubles.

"Poor white people" seems like a strange term - nowadays very few families can really claim they are totally "white" - there is a lot of inter-racial unions now, the last couple I met at a social gathering the wife was Italian and husband AA; another couple Asian & Peruvian. My friend is a teacher and her pre-school class is full of kids who are "half-this or that.."
This is just not true. Fewer than 15% of Whites in New York are in interracial marriages, and a significant percentage of them should be discounted ("normal" White marrying a White Hispanic).

Old 05-19-2021, 10:47 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukamuk View Post
Much of south shore working class Schlong Island in general is bad news when it comes to downhill white trash guido types, but Lindenhurst takes the cake!
Bumped a 5 yr old thread to pwn Lindyhurst! Noice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island