Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 12:52 PM

9 posts, read 6,494 times

Advertisements

Entire house rental
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 12:55 PM

Great point! TY

Old 08-26-2016, 12:58 PM

For those of you who say MYOB or apologize, its just amazing. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would do the same. If you don't have anything constructive to say, refrain from posting.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:05 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,191,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FustratedOWNER View Post
I need some guidance.

The house behind me is a rental in the Town of Brookhaven. The residence has an illegal deck and it was reported to the town when the house was rented (the owner does not have a rental permit) to what I can only describe as "low lives". No sure how the house can still be rented without a permit, although I was informed that the owner received a fine. How is it that the tenants are not evicted? Guess you can do whatever you want. Im sure their insurance company does not know its rented. The bottom line is that they are really rude and our quality of life has been a nightmare. The police have been called on numerous times and i just want my life back! PLEASE ADVISE what i should do or what my rights are.
New York is a tenant friendly State. It takes time to evict tenants.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:25 PM

537 posts, read 1,450,822 times
Quote:
For those of you who say MYOB or apologize, its just amazing. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would do the same. If you don't have anything constructive to say, refrain from posting.

And what if this homeowner did get the proper permit? Then what would you do? You would deal with it. This is why this issue is between the owner and the county and has nothing to do with you. myob

Old 08-26-2016, 05:41 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,215,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
You're right. I am making this all up. Let me get Brookhaven Supervisor Romaine on the phone so you can tell him he's wrong. In fact, let me tell my neighbor that he can forgo the rental process because you said there's no such thing. You'll cover the legal fees, right?

http://www.brookhaven.org/DesktopMod...Id=0&TabId=134

Take a look at #5 on the above link. Tell me what it reads.
Thanks! Can absolutely use this to shut many other people up that keep telling me how wrong I am too.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Exactly! Totally agree.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:50 PM

Try this method out. Works every time. Gather a group of homeowners that are bothered by this as well. Have everyone of them call the same number the town you live in has to report things like this. Flood their phone lines. You all have to do this at on the same day. As well as the EXACT same time. We have done this successfully. Call when you notice an active problem. Sometimes when enough people call at the exact time a problem exists they will send someone over right away to check.

You already state the police have been called many times. Don't call the police this time. Call a hotline the town has set up for things just like this. They might send the right person right away if LOTS of people call at same time.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Try this method out. Works every time. Gather a group of homeowners that are bothered by this as well. Have everyone of them call the same number the town you live in has to report things like this. Flood their phone lines. You all have to do this at on the same day. As well as the EXACT same time. We have done this successfully. Call when you notice an active problem. Sometimes when enough people call at the exact time a problem exists they will send someone over right away to check.

You already state the police have been called many times. Don't call the police this time. Call a hotline the town has set up for things just like this. They might send the right person right away if LOTS of people call at same time.
Thank-you, great suggestion. I really appreciate you suggestion and in-put.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Thanks! Can absolutely use this to shut many other people up that keep telling me how wrong I am too.
You are 100% correct. This is the reason I called the town. In the event that the tenants were respectable and the owners did the right thing this would never had been an issue. However, I will be dammed if I am going to be bullied by renters! If nobody wants to take responsibility, then this is what happens, sad really.
I suppose its just a sign of the times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: