Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 05:49 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

If you know he is "always" in front of your house at 1 AM blasting the radio, find a cop who patrols the neighborhood and tell him what the radio situation is and then ask him if he would give you a direct phone number so you can call him next time it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 05:57 PM

8 posts, read 8,480 times
@MykeWhyte I did a couple of times and then they would park the one car taking up two spots and place their trash can so that the spot is unavailable to me or anyone else. They’ve even parked taking up two spots on my side. I once had a nail in my tire but have no proof that they did it. I have since installed a surveillance camera. My neighbor across adjacent to me when she had asked them to not park in front of her house, they parked that night blocking her driveway. They knew she would leave early for work. she told me that she had one of their cars towed. They threatened her so she took out a restraining order so they don’t park in front of her house anymore.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:26 PM

I have spoken to the father, but he said that they are adults and do not listen. I have called the police and only one time they issued a ticket but that’s all that came out of it. The trash on the curb is ridiculous. There’s a bit of an obstructed view due to a large tree,so I have not been able to capture video of them littering. I just don’t get why mess up your neighborhood? Unless a crime has been committed, the cops are not interested. The father is extremely apologetic for his children’s behavior but it doesn’t change anything. I have done the sprinklers and one of their cars got really wet on the inside because they left the window open. They never said anything to me about it. They stopped parking in the summer but resumed in the winter. So that’s a temporary fix.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:49 PM

430 posts, read 557,340 times
Park in front of your own house and don't use the driveway. If they beat you to the spot, park in front of their house. They should get the hint. Worked for me.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:55 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,988 times
Pellet gun.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:05 PM

Lagaroth,
Sounds like a plan. We will try that this week. Hopefully it works the same way it worked for you.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:36 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
Sneak into their house and butcher the entire family while they're sleeping. No guns either, get totes medieval on their butts.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:08 AM

629 posts, read 963,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaroth View Post
Park in front of your own house and don't use the driveway. If they beat you to the spot, park in front of their house. They should get the hint. Worked for me.
This is really your best option if you haven't done this already.

I had a similar issue with the neighbor's tenant always parking in front of my house. I'd just park in front of this neighbor's house whenever this happened. She got the message, and we still were, more or less, friendly towards one another afterwards.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:39 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight2018 View Post
@MykeWhyte I did a couple of times and then they would park the one car taking up two spots and place their trash can so that the spot is unavailable to me or anyone else. They’ve even parked taking up two spots on my side. I once had a nail in my tire but have no proof that they did it. I have since installed a surveillance camera. My neighbor across adjacent to me when she had asked them to not park in front of her house, they parked that night blocking her driveway. They knew she would leave early for work. she told me that she had one of their cars towed. They threatened her so she took out a restraining order so they don’t park in front of her house anymore.
Uh, and you wonder if they are trying to annoy you? yeah, they're trying to annoy you. Some people are just like this.

For gods sake your neighbor had to get a restraining order against them and you're asking what you can do? You can do nothing. Move. My sister had a neighbor like this, she finally moved. She was replaced by a Nassau County cop, guess what the cop moved too.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:51 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight2018 View Post
Hello,
I am looking for some advice. I have a neighbor who Is getting to be a bit of a nuisance. Let me start by first saying that I understand that I do not own the street. We moved to my neighborhood about three years ago in which this neighbor always parked in front of my house. This did not bother me at first until this neighbor would play loud music from their car for an hour or two and leaving trash. I would often be woken up by this in the at 1-2 am in the morning. This neighbor lives across the street. Only one of their cars park in front of their home. Leaving two more available spaces in front of their house. The other two cars park in front of my house leaving me to park two or more houses down. I have a single lane driveway with two vehicles. My spouse and I work opposite schedules, so it becomes a tedious task when one of us has to go to work ( backing in and out of the driveway). This is the reason why I park on the street. When they have visitors they block my driveway. They are usually apologetic about blocking my driveway but it has happened too many times already. By the way, they both make u-turns every day when they leave which doesn’t make any sense at all. If they would park in front of their house a u-turn would not be necessary. They always say hello when they see us but usually with a smirk on their face. Do you think they are trying to annoy us or am I reading way too much into this. I have not said anything to them other than to tell their visitors to not block our driveway. We live in the town of Hempstead so overnight parking is allowed. I just hate that I have inconsiderate neighbors living across the street. Definitely need some positive advice...
Paying all this money to live, there's losers everywhere.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: