Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:14 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times

Advertisements

As a reminder.. Please report any post that does not follow the Terms of Service.

We are all here to help fellow members. We all have opinions on different states, towns and cities and they are just that opinions.
This forum is moderated and we do out best to keep it objective and informative.

If you feel an area has been misrepresented then post your opinion, just keep it civil. Don't make generalized statements about an area unless you can back it up with facts.

Anyone who has a question regarding the moderating of this forum should DM me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 03:53 PM

1,010 posts, read 3,932,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
Isn't the majority of Huntington Station in school district 13? I know that fringes near the RR station go to district 3, but I always thought the Station was in 13 for the most part.
A decent sized chunk of it is in Huntington--north of maybe 14th St? It's not just fringes. I'm going from memory here though, not a map. The trouble is that the SD#3 chunk contains some of the worst streets.

I'm sorry to say that there are gangs and have been for years--they existed when I went to Whitman. Gang violence isn't the norm in schools, but there are gangs.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:40 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,763,579 times
Parts of Huntington are also in SD 1 (Elwood) and SD 6 (Harborfields).

Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 PM

245 posts, read 298,739 times
Default Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
For those who may not be familiar with Huntington Station:

Huntington Station is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the central part of the Town of Huntington, in the northwest part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Huntington Station in the Town of Huntington is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Cold Spring Harbor and the Hamlet of Huntington; on the east by the Hamlet of Huntington and the Hamlet of Greenlawn; on the south by the Hamlet of South Huntington and the Hamlet of West Hills; and, on the west by the Hamlet of West Hills and the Hamlet of Cold Spring Harbor.

The Hamlet of Huntington Station has a different border than does the "Huntington Station, NY 11746" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Huntington Station, NY 11746" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Huntington Station and a place can have other than a "Huntington Station, NY 11746" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Huntington Station): places that have a "Huntington Station, NY 11746" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Huntington Station are in the Hamlet of Huntington, the Hamlet of South Huntington, the Hamlet of Greenlawn and the Hamlet of West Hills; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Huntington Station with a "Dix Hills, NY 11746" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): Excellent Long Island Geographic Resource
I've never once done anything by run right past these Wikipedia posts with maps. I wish they'd go away.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:43 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNewbie View Post
I've never once done anything by run right past these Wikipedia posts with maps. I wish they'd go away.
Walter Greenspan is an institution here!

I kind of like to have a visual focus for the town we are discussing.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,148,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNewbie View Post
I feel the love.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:41 PM

9 posts, read 30,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Actually I live here. I substitute teach in the High School. And I have NEVER seen a gang, gang member or, quite frankly, seen much crime. I DO see a lot of illegal immigrants standing on and around 110 trying to find work. For the most part.....people are people.....everyone is trying to make a living and everyone is trying to make ends meet, pay the bills, put food on the table, have their kids grow up healthy and strong and wise.....

Maybe it's just that I'm not prejudice or racist? I see the good in every neighborhood. Probably because I grew up in Queens and not All White Town USA.

Dude if your not seeing gangs over here than you are straight up in DENIAL.

MS13....Bloods...all over the damn place...

I guess you would expect them to wear Tshirts proclaiming their affiliation.

Wake up dude.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,513,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker4015 View Post
Dude if your not seeing gangs over here than you are straight up in DENIAL.

MS13....Bloods...all over the damn place...

I guess you would expect them to wear Tshirts proclaiming their affiliation.

Wake up dude.
I'm pretty sure Gigi is a dudette, dude.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 30,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I'm pretty sure Gigi is a dudette, dude.
Man Woman Child whatever....moral of the story is The Station is the pits and shows NO signs of improving...only getting worse by the day....if you ever have the opportunity to risk it and take a walk down the 110 corridor in summer time the stench of urine and rotting trash is overwhelming and you know what?.......the Town is in complete denial in regards to the problems.

All we ever hear around here is Ohhh...diversity this and ohhh diversity that.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,142 times
Default South Prospect

Can anyone comment on the area of Huntington Station off East 17th? I just saw a house on South Prospect that was very nice. I think the area was called Gatkey Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island