Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2019, 11:50 AM

65 posts, read 43,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I live here and it is ok. No issues. Schools are good. I would say that everything is average. The new updated downtown area on Main St makes it better. Make sure you are west of Carmen Rd. I live in South Farmingdale and things are good here. Good luck.
Thanks for the input! The house is located by Conklin Ave and Broadhollow RD, it like an industrial area.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 02:03 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,150,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halokillzone23 View Post
Hi, Thanks for the advice!

The house also has solar panels pre installed, which can save us money on electricity bills. The schools really doesn’t matter to me honestly, since I don’t have any kids at the moment.
Are the solar panels leased?

Old 12-25-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Are the solar panels leased?
Yes the owner said it is leased and the payments are $100 month. She also said we can buy the solar instead of leasing. Should I be concerned regarding to this?

Old 12-25-2019, 03:28 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halokillzone23 View Post
Yes the owner said it is leased and the payments are $100 month. She also said we can buy the solar instead of leasing. Should I be concerned regarding to this?
Find out the age of the roof. Then if older, the cost to remove and return the panels. I know you have to replace the clips from a former neighbor who replaced his roof and had to pay for the clips. How old are the panels? How long is the term of the lease? There are man newer panels out there so that should be a consideration if they are aging?

Old 12-25-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Find out the age of the roof. Then if older, the cost to remove and return the panels. I know you have to replace the clips from a former neighbor who replaced his roof and had to pay for the clips. How old are the panels? How long is the term of the lease? There are man newer panels out there so that should be a consideration if they are aging?
That’s really informative information, I’ll definitely ask those questions with the owner during inspection. I really appreciated that you gave me this information, since I had no clue about this.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:04 PM

18 posts, read 8,277 times
Copiague, Lindenhurst, Babylon are all good neighborhoods. I'm not sure how long before it becomes the next unaffordable queens, though.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:10 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,150,229 times
Ask to see a copy of the lease for the solar panels. If you're not comfortable evaluating the terms/conditions, etc. ask your attorney to explain the ramifications. Sometimes it's best to walk away.

Also, check reviews for the company that issued the contract; some have gone out of business.

In addition, you might want to request the electricity usage for the last 12 months.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notme1373 View Post
Copiague, Lindenhurst, Babylon are all good neighborhoods. I'm not sure how long before it becomes the next unaffordable queens, though.
Yes I was actually looking at Lindenhurst first, but I been told by realtor that the area is a flood zone. I also currently researching regarding to the water supply plume (contamination). The good news is that as of now north farmingdale is safe. I really don’t want to go further than farmingdale since I work in the city, honestly farmingdale is a bit far but I can make the sacrifice.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Ask to see a copy of the lease for the solar panels. If you're not comfortable evaluating the terms/conditions, etc. ask your attorney to explain the ramifications. Sometimes it's best to walk away.

Also, check reviews for the company that issued the contract; some have gone out of business.

In addition, you might want to request the electricity usage for the last 12 months.
Ok I’ll definitely use your advice and ask the seller for the documentation, including research the contract document carefully. Thank You

Old 12-26-2019, 05:19 PM

150 posts, read 110,119 times
Do yourself a favor. And just give u on this house. Don’t buy a house with a leased solar. You’re inheriting someone else’s mistake. Don’t be that sucker. Buy your house. Then spend the time to really research the different leased solar companies and choose a good one. If such a company even exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island