Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 12:05 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,683,486 times

Advertisements

Go read this gem that Tom co-sponsored. It ignores the first amendment rights of an employer, prohibits "right to work" employment policies and expands the definition of "employee" to basically gut the definition of "independent contractor". Yep, he'd be great for NY!
https://justfacts.votesmart.org/bill...-of-2021#77834

This is only one of many far left bills he has co-sponsored. Go here for the entire list.
https://justfacts.votesmart.org/cand...as-suozzi/?p=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 06:59 AM

31,988 posts, read 27,135,714 times
Tom Suozzi is a centrist!

Well that's what he says anyway....

"Mr. Suozzi, a former Nassau County executive who is billing himself as a “common-sense Democrat,” could cut into parts of the coalition Ms. Hochul is seeking to assemble on Long Island and in suburbs around the state."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/29/n...vernor-ny.html

And New York Post agrees! Hahaha

https://nypost.com/2021/11/29/how-su...h-to-the-left/

It is going to be fun watching this sh** show play out early in 2022.... Houchl, James, Williams, BdeB (who doesn't stand a snow ball's chance in Hades), and now Suozzi all duking it out.

It's still early days, yet more eejits may throw their hats into ring, you never know. Cuomo, Cynthia Nixon, maybe even AOC.....

An open governors seat doesn't come up often in NYS. Last time this happened was when newly elected Elliot Spitzer was bounced out for playing footsie with tarts. Patterson served out the nearly four years of remaining Spitzer term, but Cuomo clobbered him in primary and that was that.

If there ever was a moment for the right republican candidate to be governor of NYS this is it. No, such a person may not do well in NYC, maybe getting Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn and Queens, but if he does well upstate and Long Island with maybe some areas of downstate like Yonkers... Westchester isn't going to happen.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:50 AM

656 posts, read 1,063,714 times
One important thing to keep in mind is that moderate no longer means what it used to be.
These days, for Dems.... a moderate would be someone who doesn't tolerate the mass lootings that we see at Nordstroms in upscale areas of the countries. Such images horrify many especially those who frequent such stores (like folks in Nassau/Suffolk) and Dems overall turn a blind eye and shrug their shoulders. Some even go as far as to say well Nordstrom can afford it. These quality of life "common sense" issues (that helped get Rudy elected mayor) appeal to many Dems in the suburbs.
Same thing with why the Nassau DA race was a blowout win for the Republican.....bail reform and the like aren't on the top of the list for most in the suburbs and when such policies result in crime in those very same suburbs, you will see Dems in such areas voting for Repubs.

Old 12-02-2021, 11:29 AM

874 posts, read 730,564 times
He's just another cuomo

He forgot about how many seniors cuomo killed and lied about it

https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/suozzi...id-leadership/

Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi, who just this week entered the race for governor, on Wednesday praised disgraced ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:07 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,411,654 times
Does he support unmasking children in schools? I'm basically a one-issue voter now- kid covid insanity. I don't care if it's a D or an R, I'll vote for whoever gives kids their childhood back.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:04 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,528,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
Does he support unmasking children in schools? I'm basically a one-issue voter now- kid covid insanity. I don't care if it's a D or an R, I'll vote for whoever gives kids their childhood back.
Good luck finding a Democratic politician nationwide who supports that. We are in the midst of a political realignment, and Big D has cast its lot in with the coastal elites who support every manner of woke insanity including, but not limited to, Covid power grabs. They'd build the same sort of concentration camps that Australia has if they could get away with it.

Old 12-03-2021, 11:40 AM

1,282 posts, read 573,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
At least this single issue would be relevant for the governor race, and not every single other local race where politicians used it to evoke emotional reactions from people who don't understand the different levels of government

Old 12-03-2021, 06:04 PM

592 posts, read 921,605 times
Not wacky enough to get through the kook primaries.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:31 AM

82 posts, read 261,334 times
I’m surprised the Republicans don’t run Peter King instead of Zeldin, as King is outspoken on the issues of police/bail etc that Republicans are going to want to focus on- but he’s not as tied to Trump/MAGA craziness. Guess he’s really retired from office.

Old 12-06-2021, 01:37 PM

909 posts, read 1,840,590 times
Andrew Giuliani and Lee Zeldin don't give republicans much hope for governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island