Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 07:39 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,410,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
The government has neglected their duty to protect the borders. Somehow they have allowed this huge population shift to happen so business can have cheap labor, while the taxpayer fronts the money for social services, programs and a growing future underclass. What the government has done or failed to do has put all of us in a precarious position. From the citizens protecting their country/sovereignty/tax money to the illegals who are unwelcome cheap labor it is a bad spot for all of us. Nobody is saying the right things to motivate the population to do something. Now that they are here illegally it is well within the public's rights to make things uncomfortable for these invaders so they are inclined to leave.

These protesters should be honored for doing what their government has failed to do and what most citizens are too lazy or programed to realize. Papers like Newsday do us all a huge disservice. This media source Newsday neglects the core issues here while jamming a destructive agenda down the throat of their readers. Murder after murder is completely ignored then when something fits their agenda Newsday incessantly reports on it over and over enlarging the profile of isolated incidents when ignoring daily plagues. This is a paper that reports from a point of view that is completely uneducated.

These Newsday writers and their editor need to be reeducated as their education completely lacks any sort of sense of historical point of view. If they looked past their programing and considered history they would realize that past population invasions like the one we are experiencing is the precursor of government failure. It happened with the Roman Empire when Visigoths flooded Italy in the 4th century only to have that empire fail in the 6th century under the Visigoth emperor Justinian.

Yes these people are hardworking but when all of their anchor babies mature they will be Americanized in the ghetto way and they have unfortunately walked into a situation where they are being exploited while exploiting the taxpayers. Their children will not be willing to work menial jobs for insulting wages, they will go for the handout first and crime second. The work ethic will disappear in the 2nd generation. This is a ticking time bomb that will explode in just a few years. Thank you to those Americans that are protecting their country in lieu if government corruption/incompetence.
i DO NOT condone what these kids did, they should be punished. but i couldnt agree more with your post. well put, great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 08:57 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,579,051 times
Sadly you're all playing right into the publishers hands.

The only way to be outraged by their coverage is to be aware of it. Thus their sales and website traffic remains healthy.

And while I'm taking my turn on the soapbox I'd like to add that I think it's a non-issue. Hate crimes on Long Island aren't even close to the regions biggest problems. But is sure does get the blood boiling, the people talking and the media coverage hyped up.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:03 AM

556 posts, read 1,446,382 times
I thnk most people are missing the point. SEVEN kids went out SPECIFICALLY to hurt/kill a hispanic.

Yes, illegals have killed "citzens". But i dont see them going out in groups to kill "whitey". Most of the time they kill each other, which, in someways, you all like. One poster was saying something about second generation. What generation where these kids? 2nd? 3rd? 4th? What does that say?

National coverage was put onto this story. Comparing this to an illegal killing one person, why not compare it to ay other one-on-one crime?The coverage would have been much bigger if a group of illegals went and did the same thing.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,112,372 times
Quote:
The coverage would have been much bigger if a group of illegals went and did the same thing.
No it wouldent and I know this because its already happened ... Vanessa Hoera, Jamael Shaw, David March, etc etc

Old 11-23-2008, 12:08 PM

556 posts, read 1,446,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
No it wouldent and I know this because its already happened ... Vanessa Hoera, Jamael Shaw, David March, etc etc
These people where all killed by groups of people who speciffically wanted to target that type of person? Honestly i never heard of these people so please inform me.

Ive never heard of alot of victims of murders, there are alot.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:11 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
As tragic as those cases were, none of which involved someone being targeted by a group of people. The only one that involved someone being killed due to their race (though this was more due to mistaken gang affiliation) was the Shaw case which did receive a large amount of national coverage. As far as Newsday's coverage, Newsday is obviously going to cover a story on Long Island more than stories from elsewhere in the country.

Hoera, was the only LI case of the ones you mentioned, she was killed because she refused someones advances. Obviosly a tragedy and it did receive coverage. However, she wasn't killed because of her race, she wasn't killed by a huge group of people, she wasn't killed by a bunch of high school kids.

If you had a case where a bunch of illegal high school kids killed someone soley due to their race, the coverage would be the same, but none of the examples you mention are similar to this case.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 PM

406 posts, read 1,451,520 times
So let me get this straight. A bunch of high schoolers indulge a weekly hobby of getting drunk and assaulting hispanics, wind up murdering one and you folks think that Newsday is biased for covering the story as a hate crime? It WAS a hate crime! If you assault people based on their race, than you are guilty of a hate crime. Sometimes the truth hurts. The fact is that Long Island has always had a problem with race and with denying that the problem exists. This thread is a prime example.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:06 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,730 times
No Boom thats not the issue, the FIFTEEN DAYS of coverage the dispatching of a reporter to Ecuador the eight page spread the other day. I wonder how much they donated to send the body back. Also it's about the protests of Newsdays coverage. It's funny they reported on that, small but it was still in there. A few years ago some kids in Harlem chased a white guy into traffic getting him killed. I don't remeber what they reported the kids as saying but I remember it definitely had racial overtones. Did anyone else hear about it in the paper? The silence was deafening.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:02 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
No Boom thats not the issue, the FIFTEEN DAYS of coverage the dispatching of a reporter to Ecuador the eight page spread the other day. I wonder how much they donated to send the body back. Also it's about the protests of Newsdays coverage. It's funny they reported on that, small but it was still in there. A few years ago some kids in Harlem chased a white guy into traffic getting him killed. I don't remeber what they reported the kids as saying but I remember it definitely had racial overtones. Did anyone else hear about it in the paper? The silence was deafening.
The story did receive quite a bit of coverage actually. To the extent of this one? No, but the story actually did not have racial overtones as you imply. It was a robbery attempt.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,730 times
Gothamist: NYU Junior Hit By Car

Not most recent one, I think you're thinking of the 2008 one. I don't know four minority teens aged as young as 12 chased a white student to his death. Many questions about it's motivation. It was a blip on the news and that was it. Not even three paragraphs. FIFTEEN DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island