Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 07:02 AM

602 posts, read 1,264,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
WebTrak

this shows every neighborhood the planes effect

and they dont fly every minute, they land at 30 second intervals for over 18 hours a day, anyone that tells you different is liying, the chart doesnt lie.

every 30 seconds another plane passes by, every 30 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
It is in the north shore too.
I was driving east on northern state pkwy the other day at night, and saw the line of airplanes with their bright lights. One after the other as if the were landing on the highway. I was close to Roslyn or great neck.

This is out of control
Huh, nice website, that is really interesting! I spend most weekends on LI, mostly in Kings Park, Northport, Huntington, Commack -ish areas and I've never noticed an issue with flights, especially not every minute. Maybe that is because it is the weekends. That said, I just reviewed fifteen minutes of morning data and saw very little over LI, nothing east of Oyster Bay for sure. Dunno. Looks like the Westchester folks are taking a beating, though. Best of luck to you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 07:06 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
What's your definition of "near" an airport?
Roslyn!

If you live within a 20 mile radius of LaGuardia or JFK, IMO, you're near an airport.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:26 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
Roslyn!

If you live within a 20 mile radius of LaGuardia or JFK, IMO, you're near an airport.
So then you agree with Jackieavenue's complaints, given that he lives 32 miles away from JFK?

Old 03-01-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So then you agree with Jackieavenue's complaints, given that he lives 32 miles away from JFK?
Those complaints are flat out BS. There's no way someone 32 miles away is dealing with that level of air traffic. I already proved try 35 miles away is the Happaugue area. 3 miles closer isn't going to change so dramatically.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:12 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,330,522 times
Quote:
Those complaints are flat out BS. There's no way someone 32 miles away is dealing with that level of air traffic. I already proved try 35 miles away is the Happaugue area. 3 miles closer isn't going to change so dramatically.
There are defiantly more planes flying over residential Nassau. I honestly don't hear them to much, In the spring when Windows are open I do.

The problem is as I posted a few days ago is this

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Planes flying extremely low. This plane should not of been at 2700 ft until New Hyde Park at 9 miles out but it was at that height at 25 miles and this is not the first time.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:26 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:

NO THEY ARENT BS, THEY ARE VALID COMPLAINTS AND MANY OF US HERE VALIDATE THEM !!
and you havent proved anything other than your annoying

you seem to be the only one that us fighting us every step of the way, we know your paid to be on theses typoes of site to do nothing but harass all of us people that have been complaining about low extreme aircraft noise.

why dont you go to another forum and bother someone else, since you have nothing positive to contruibute to us here.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
NO THEY ARENT BS, THEY ARE VALID COMPLAINTS AND MANY OF US HERE VALIDATE THEM !!
and you havent proved anything other than your annoying

you seem to be the only one that us fighting us every step of the way, we know your paid to be on theses typoes of site to do nothing but harass all of us people that have been complaining about low extreme aircraft noise.

why dont you go to another forum and bother someone else, since you have nothing positive to contruibute to us here.
Wahhh! Wahhh! He's calling me out on my BS so I'm going to suggest he just leave!!!

Grow up, child. My statement stands. The poster claiming they're being "assaulted" 32 miles away from JFK is F.O.S. Here's the eastern edge of a 32 mile radius from JFK airport:

You're telling me that folks in Islip, CI, Brentwood, Commack, Huntington, Kings Park, etc are all under this constant barrage? Like I said...NO WAY. I am in Syosset EVERY DAY, significantly closer, and see very little air traffic, and certainly not flying low.

Let me break this down for your folks who can't seem to grasp what I'm saying.
  • You're looking for a home on LI.
  • You're concentrating on Nassau County.
  • You should have the brains to say to yourself..."Self, I'm looking at an area a stones throw from the most well-known City in the world. It sees millions of tourists and a tremendous amount of business traffic. Hmmm, I wonder if there's any airports around?
  • Oh look! JFK and LaGuardia!
  • Well...maybe I can deal with it. Let me visit the area and see if it's in the flight path.
  • Nope, all good!
  • Hmmm, maybe I should see if the flight paths can be changed without consulting the community.
  • Darn, they can. I should look elsewhere!

This is how it should have gone for you folks. The airport is a BUSINESS and increasing air traffic is more important than your feelings. The increased air traffic is beneficial to the City, the County and the State. If you don't like it, either leave or learn to live with it. Your complaining isn't going to accomplish ANYTHING. Every once in awhile, the FAA or PA of NY/NJ will send out some official to attend a community meeting. Why? Because it appeases the lot of you and makes you feel like your making progress. The funny thing? I actually agree with you. It would SUCK to be in the flight path. But the bottom line is that you folks should've done your research before buying. Sorry.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Wahhh! Wahhh! He's calling me out on my BS so I'm going to suggest he just leave!!!

Grow up, child. My statement stands. The poster claiming they're being "assaulted" 32 miles away from JFK is F.O.S. Here's the eastern edge of a 32 mile radius from JFK airport:

You're telling me that folks in Islip, CI, Brentwood, Commack, Huntington, Kings Park, etc are all under this constant barrage? Like I said...NO WAY. I am in Syosset EVERY DAY, significantly closer, and see very little air traffic, and certainly not flying low.

Let me break this down for your folks who can't seem to grasp what I'm saying.
  • You're looking for a home on LI.
  • You're concentrating on Nassau County.
  • You should have the brains to say to yourself..."Self, I'm looking at an area a stones throw from the most well-known City in the world. It sees millions of tourists and a tremendous amount of business traffic. Hmmm, I wonder if there's any airports around?
  • Oh look! JFK and LaGuardia!
  • Well...maybe I can deal with it. Let me visit the area and see if it's in the flight path.
  • Nope, all good!
  • Hmmm, maybe I should see if the flight paths can be changed without consulting the community.
  • Darn, they can. I should look elsewhere!

This is how it should have gone for you folks. The airport is a BUSINESS and increasing air traffic is more important than your feelings. The increased air traffic is beneficial to the City, the County and the State. If you don't like it, either leave or learn to live with it. Your complaining isn't going to accomplish ANYTHING. Every once in awhile, the FAA or PA of NY/NJ will send out some official to attend a community meeting. Why? Because it appeases the lot of you and makes you feel like your making progress. The funny thing? I actually agree with you. It would SUCK to be in the flight path. But the bottom line is that you folks should've done your research before buying. Sorry.
Spoken like someone who truly cannot comprehend or register the existence of competing views.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:17 PM

Spoken like someone who's truly run out of ways to defend their idiotic view.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Spoken like someone who's truly run out of ways to defend their idiotic view.
When someone sticks their fingers in their ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA CLOSE TO AIRPORTS LA LA LA", there isn't much to defend. This is particularly true where one of your "witty" house-buying steps is "maybe I should see if the flight paths can be changed without consulting the community" because it shows you've missed the entire point of the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island