Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,177,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
I have eaten here, but there is an infamous history to this place, that may be unsettling to you, while your eating here !

D.A. dismisses Fatty Beltbuckles rape charges

and...

After rape claim, Fatty’s tightens its Beltbuckle

What were you doung in Rocky Point, I thought you were too good for us.
Shouldnt you be at Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays or another national mealfactory in Miller Place?

We think people are innocent until proven guilty out here.The news crushed them out of the gate.Theyre finally bouncing back, the locals have begun to embrace them again.

The food is excellent and a hell of a value.

crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 07:21 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
For fine dining Carusos is a steal (compared to LaPlage)and its not at all out of place. Nor is Sea Basin/Gracies/Kirin(also a steal) etc etc etc.
Youre dead wrong on Rocky Point booger boy but thanks for confirming that you cant buy class in Miller Place .

I'd say Port Jeff has really lost a step since the paid parking fiasco. I agree Canrival is excellent choice up in PJ Station. Great calimari, it aint cheap, but theres plenty of free parking.

crooks
The owner at Ruvo's in Port Jeff was telling us that a lot of business owners are complaining about the impact the paid parking is having.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
DIAMOND WOK had a LOK...sorry...on chinese food, east of 25A for a LONG TIME, and is probably the FIRST chinese restaurant in the neighborhood, somehow they lost interest and couldnt attract ANYONE, but they didn't try hard.

GOLDEN CHOPSTICKS took over the location...or is DIAMOND WOK as another name...and their lunch specials are doing GANGBUSTERS, and that's because the food is actually BETTER !

For slightly, high end chinese in Mt. Sinai, go to LOTUS EAST...awesome food !

HO MING in the Friendly Ice Cream Plaza, in Miller Place, is good, sturdy, and the family lives in the back, if you can believe it !
Golden Chopsticks is right in Rocky Point and we still havent gone...We love Kirin though. Good Chinese/Japanese mix cheap.

crooks

Old 02-07-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The owner at Ruvo's in Port Jeff was telling us that a lot of business owners are complaining about the impact the paid parking is having.

Its killing them.

Once Rocky Point gets its sewers (currently in the works) for increased wet use all of Downtown Rocky Point will be restaurant row.

We're very excited for whats in store.

crooks

Old 02-07-2009, 07:41 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Salsa salsa in Smithtown and Port Jefferson absolutely rocks.

The Sage Cafe in Bluepoint has good food.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Salsa salsa in Smithtown and Port Jefferson absolutely rocks.

The Sage Cafe in Bluepoint has good food.
Salsa is the bomb.

crooks

Old 02-07-2009, 10:12 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,620 times
Quote:
Its killing them.

Once Rocky Point gets its sewers (currently in the works) for increased wet use all of Downtown Rocky Point will be restaurant row.

We're very excited for whats in store.

crooks

Isn't that the Town of Riverhead ?

It will take time to see if there is another "element" coming into this neighborhood...let's hope it's going to be "good".

Let's hope they won't be those one word names...the epitomy of Pretention !

Last edited by longislandmike; 02-07-2009 at 10:27 AM..

Old 02-07-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
What were you doung in Rocky Point, I thought you were too good for us.
Shouldnt you be at Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays or another national mealfactory in Miller Place?

We think people are innocent until proven guilty out here.The news crushed them out of the gate.Theyre finally bouncing back, the locals have begun to embrace them again.

The food is excellent and a hell of a value.

crooks

Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday's...they have a unique clientele don't they ?

I overheard two young ladies talking about their boyfriends...one said, to the other, "Whenever we have a fight, my boyfriend takes me out to Ruby Tuesday's to make up !" Eeeeeesh ! In my house that would start ANOTHER fight !

I've even put on the feedbag at BLONDE...previous owner, of course

As for FATTY BELTBUCKLES, the police tape was a real turnoff !

I went to Caruso's out of curiousity, because of the La Plage connection.
Very disappointed with the lackluster food and presentation, and it was very lonely at lunch time.

Too bad the previous owners couldn't make a go of it !

Old 02-07-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday's...they have a unique clientele don't they ?

I overheard two young ladies talking about their boyfriends...one said, to the other, "Whenever we have a fight, my boyfriend takes me out to Ruby Tuesday's to make up !" Eeeeeesh ! In my house that would start ANOTHER fight !

I've even put on the feedbag at BLONDE...previous owner, of course

I went to Caruso's out of curiousity, because of the La Plage connection.
Very disappointed with the lackluster food and presentation, and it was very lonely at lunch time.

Too bad the previous owners couldn't make a go of it !
Ruby Tuesday/Applebees really put the pinch on the locals.
They are like the WalMart of restaurants.

Im really surpised you didnt like Carusos....we went for Dinner a few times and it was outstanding(and reasonable).

Blonde is OK.. but a IMHO complete rip off considering its a stripmall eatery.

crooks

Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Ruby Tuesday/Applebees really put the pinch on the locals.
They are like the WalMart of restaurants.

Im really surpised you didnt like Carusos....we went for Dinner a few times and it was outstanding(and reasonable).

Blonde is OK.. but a IMHO complete rip off considering its a stripmall eatery.

crooks
Actually we actually stopped going to BLONDE because of an incident with the bill...I paid the bill, in cash, $200. or so, and I was chased into the parking lot by the waitress, who thought I didn't pay her enough...she recounted in front of me...but....no apology.

THE ONLY TIME THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME, IN MY LIFE.

To me, that's grounds for saying, BYE BYE, NO future business !

We went to lunch and not dinner, at Caruso's...perhaps, that's the problem.

At Carnivale, Karen the Waitress comes from Rocky Point ! Very nice, great service, and again THE FOOD !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island