Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM

84 posts, read 492,746 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what happened? I was never a big fan of the restaurant, but it always seemed to be crowded. Just very surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM

73 posts, read 110,389 times
I've been to CB's 3 times. Twice in Holtsville and once in Lynbrook. All three times were a dining disaster. I really don't understand what is so hard about taking down a food order correctly, or if it's the cooks fault, preparing an order correctly. The food sucks, the prices are too high, and the servers suck. Good riddance.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,829 times
I went to the one in Holtzville. NASTY. Never again. Food was sketch, service was worse. Not very suprised that one shut down.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTiz View Post
Does anyone know what happened? I was never a big fan of the restaurant, but it always seemed to be crowded. Just very surprised.
Is there any indication of what's going to replace it? That is a large restaurant on a major street. I think before it was Charlie Brown's it was NOT a chain store type restaurant.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:14 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,761,758 times
It was many things over the years. When I was growing up in Lynbrook in the 70's I think it was called Kings Castle.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:47 PM

84 posts, read 492,746 times
The site where Charlie Brown's is located has had a variety of restaurants over the years. When a "chain" restaurant went in there, I think everyone assumed it would be around for a long time. But, I have to agree with the previous posters and say that it really was an awful restaurant and because of that I'm not surprised it closed! I have no idea if there are plans for another restaurant to go in there in the near future. Hopefully we'll hear about something soon.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 PM

563 posts, read 2,570,370 times
There is one in Garden City Park on Jericho Tpke in a Pathmark Shopping Center that went in where a Santa Fe Steakhouse used to be. I liked the Santa Fe Steakhouse a lot. One day the doors closed with a sign saying renovations and will re-open soon. They never did. It was eventually re-opened as a Charlie Browns. THis was maybe 10 years ago. We went once when it first opened. They screwed up my wife's order. Terrible place, service, food was not good. We never went back. Funny though, it is always packed. On a side note, there is still a Santa Fe Steakhouse in Forest Hills that was affiliated with the GCP one. We go there occasionally and it is still pretty good. I inquired once about the location closing and the manager said they just consolidated to the one location.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 PM

4 posts, read 20,493 times
I have always loved the restaurant (there is one in Commack). Never had a bad meal. I have gone there with a group of friends numerous times and no one complained. As a matter of fact, when a friend of mine retired we had her retirement party there and it was great. The staff did such a good job and the food was plentiful and delicious. SO, I had to say I was surprised to read so many complaints. AND, no I don't work for them!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island