Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 02:09 AM

8 posts, read 37,371 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

My husband, I and our son will be relocating to Levittown in the next few weeks. My 3 year old son has been evaluated by CPSE and accepted into a full day special ed pre-school. He has been attending a school in Brooklyn since July and I need to transfer him to a similar one in Levittown. Can someone tell me, please, what are the best schools around that area? I need one that can provide him with speech therapy, occupational therapy and PT as well.

Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:05 PM

366 posts, read 1,036,619 times
I'm not sure about Levittown but I can tell you some schools that we looked at for our son. Marcus Avenue in New Hyde Park, Barbara C. Wilson in Woodbury, Little Village in Massapequa and The Brookville Center in Manhasset. One of my sons go to The Brookville Center and has made tremendous strides there. My other son will go to either Marcus Avenue or Barbara C. Wilson. He needs a smaller class size. What class size does your son need? It will depend on what your son needs in order to make a decision. My youngest son couldn't go to Brookville with his brother because he needs a smaller class setting which Brookville didn't have. You can certainly DM me if you have any questions. Good luck!

Old 08-24-2009, 04:44 PM

75 posts, read 195,908 times
There are quite a few preschools in Nassau, but finding a spot for this September will be really hard because they go very fast. If you don't find a full day spot go for any half-days that are available. In addition to the schools mentioned by the previous poster, there is also Variety in Syosset (which I hear is awesome), Mill Neck Manor, and the AHRC in Brookville. My daughter attended Marcus Ave when she was still under EI but I pulled her out after a few months because several incidents that made me uncomfortable. She now goes to Mill Neck, which I'm happy with but is a bit farther than the other programs.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:12 PM

366 posts, read 1,036,619 times
Crojj42

What kind of incidents at Marcus Avenue?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMAMA4 View Post
Crojj42

What kind of incidents at Marcus Avenue?
See PM.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
There is an early childhood center in Levittown affiliated with Nassau BOCES...but I'm not sure what kind of kids are there or it if would be right for your son. It's on Boone St.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 AM

Thank you everyone for answering. I hope to find at least a half day spot for September and a full day spot shortly afterward. Are your children getting picked up and dropped off by the school bus? I won't be able to drive my son since we both work in the city and my nanny doesn't drive...

Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
Thank you everyone for answering. I hope to find at least a half day spot for September and a full day spot shortly afterward. Are your children getting picked up and dropped off by the school bus? I won't be able to drive my son since we both work in the city and my nanny doesn't drive...
BOCES provides bussing since kids come in from all over...I don't have any kids but I worked for them a bit in college as well as my mom is a teacher asst at a school in east meadow. It's a great program...if the levittown school isn't right for son I am sure you can find one that is...they have a lot of schools.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Yes, the county provides free bus transport for children who need it regardless of how far away you live.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 PM

Thank you for taking some of the stress of moving off my shoulders..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island