Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 10:28 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,544,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
You always say this, but you just come off as a wimp. No one has ever gotten "cancelled" for liking Donald Trump. Now, people have been "cancelled" for other things that are correlated with liking Donald Trump, but I'm sure someone as highly educated as you knows that correlation isn't causation.

My wife got "cancelled" by one of her Rosyln yoga pants soccer moms when she expressed some conservative views. Its a pretty brutal social circle.

Fortunately I have reached a point in my life where I don't need to socialize with anyone. I work and hang out in my house afterwards. My wife has to deal with all the social drama involved with school kids in the North Shore.

The only time I need to pretend to be liberal is whenever I'm doing yard work, one neighbor loves chatting with me about his Trump hatred. He assumes because I'm asian, I'm liberal. I just nod my head and do my yard work while he is ranting. At work, no political talk at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 10:37 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,829,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
My wife got "cancelled" by one of her Rosyln yoga pants soccer moms when she expressed some conservative views. Its a pretty brutal social circle.

Fortunately I have reached a point in my life where I don't need to socialize with anyone. I work and hang out in my house afterwards. My wife has to deal with all the social drama involved with school kids in the North Shore.

The only time I need to pretend to be liberal is whenever I'm doing yard work, one neighbor loves chatting with me about his Trump hatred. He assumes because I'm asian, I'm liberal. I just nod my head and do my yard work while he is ranting. At work, no political talk at all.
I never have to pretend to be anything but the angry bastard I am. It's funny as hell to hear a grown adult professional act like they have to live in fear of their political leanings from the East Hills Birkenstock crowd!

Old 02-10-2021, 11:03 AM

Would any of you tolerant liberals willingly make an appointment with a doctor/lawyer/accountant who openly supports Trump and conservative values? Probably not. After all, all Trump voters must be uneducated white supremacist deplorables, and now traitor domestic terrorists. I shut up because I like making money.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:07 AM

226 posts, read 129,501 times
Quote:

Last year, some people tried to #cancel Trader Joe's over how they named some of their frozen food products. Trader Joe's politely told them to beat it, and that was that. Nothing happened.

That's how you stop #cancelculture. You stand up for yourself. Some neighbor says "hey, Trump's a moron, amirite?" and you just reply truthfully, "No, I actually think he's great." What's he gonna do? Get Auntie Fa to come to your office?

C'mon, if that actually happened, we'd all be seeing YOUNG ASIAN AMERICAN #CANCELLED BY WOKE MOB, INTERVIEW TONIGHT ON TUCKER CARLSON.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:11 AM

For some reason, I can't stand conservative opinion news broadcasts. Tucker Carlson has such a punchable face.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:22 AM

226 posts, read 129,501 times
Quote:
Would any of you tolerant liberals willingly make an appointment with a doctor/lawyer/accountant who openly supports Trump and conservative values? Probably not.
I agree with you that at work, no political talk at all is best. If I'm making an appointment with a doctor/lawyer/accountant, I'm looking for specialized advice or service; not someone to shoot the breeze with. If you come highly rated on several review sites, what do I care who you vote for? And if I see review bombs that are about your politics and not your performance, I ignore them.

Outside of work, at home, I just don't see the problem with telling your neighbor, "actually, I think Trump is great." Who knows, it might be a productive conversation:

"Really? I thought you Asians were pretty liberal?"
"Depends on the Asian."
"Huh, I guess it does, doesn't it?"

You educate/remind your neighbor that everybody's different.

Quote:
After all, all Trump voters must be uneducated white supremacist deplorables, and now traitor domestic terrorists. I shut up because I like making money.
Like I said, correlation not causation. It's really unfortunate that there was a correlation between the 2017 Charlottesville rally and liking Trump. It's a tragedy that there was a correlation between the Capitol riots last month and liking Trump.

But if anyone is getting #cancelled over anything, it's not over liking Trump. It's over the things that are correlated with liking Trump that today's society deems unacceptable, like white supremacy, anti-Semitism, et cetera et cetera.

Quote:
For some reason, I can't stand conservative opinion news broadcasts. Tucker Carlson has such a punchable face.
See, we can agree on things He only has two facial expressions as far as I can tell: (1) constipation, and (2) LMAO you so stupid.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:39 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,399,965 times
Baldwin

Old 02-10-2021, 01:50 PM

20,104 posts, read 20,915,876 times
Try Hempstead or Wyandanch.
They’re about due for some hipster gentrification.
Great locations to buy cheap, chase out the residents and then turn it into a hip and trendy urban Mecca for the bearded thick glasses pointy shoe crowd.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:39 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,764,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Stony Brook NY
I gotta give you props on your screename.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:46 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,764,634 times
Quote:
Would any of you tolerant liberals willingly make an appointment with a doctor/lawyer/accountant who openly supports Trump and conservative values? Probably not. After all, all Trump voters must be uneducated white supremacist deplorables, and now traitor domestic terrorists. I shut up because I like making money.
Every blue collar person I know loves Trump and won't wear a mask in their shop or business. That and being macho, overweight and in poor health are signs of strength apparently. Who knew. Shrug. If I adhered to your views I wouldn't even get my garbage picked up......

I don't care what somebodies politics are. A friend is a friend and a business is a business. Now. If somebody is waving MAGA flags in my face and confederate flags and nazi flags I prob will take my business elsewhere.

Not every Trump lover is what you describe BUT what you describe seem to be all Trump lovers.

Northport , South Setauket, setauket, stonybrook, Nassua county, huntington , babylon and much much more. Long island is full of progressive cultured towns and people. Even suffolk is pinkish purple. We all get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island