Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:33 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times

Advertisements

Or donated to some of us less fortunate LI'ers? *ahem* *cough*
I do take checks made out to cash. PM me for my mailing address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 03:44 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealarm View Post
Why do people say such stupid things, you know nothing about me, why make a statement like that.
Well since you mentioned a 50k car in your previous post, and parking seems to be the issue on this thread. Thats why.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:29 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,343,824 times
6 page thread about legally parking in the street and how that is "Wrong". I am clearly out of touch with this place.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,370,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
6 page thread about legally parking in the street and how that is "Wrong". I am clearly out of touch with this place.
Lol...and it is why I love Long Island so! Milking threads about parking and school hierarchy for pages & pages!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:41 AM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Lol...and it is why I love Long Island so! Milking threads about parking and school hierarchy for pages & pages!
Don't forget about beating up on cops and teachers for 100 or so pages!

Old 11-20-2009, 07:12 AM

532 posts, read 1,270,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I can understand that, but what if they park right in front of your driveway, thus blocking it?
Here in lies the answer. Having a strange car park directly in front of my house is a pet peeve of mine. Maybe it shouldn't bother me, but it does.

I'm landscaping the front yard to include a wide circular paver driveway. I will be removing most if not all of the curb stone in front of my house. Any on street parking in front of my house will be partially blocking my driveway, which is easy enough to address.

It's not a cheap solution, but it's worth it.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:11 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
Here in lies the answer. Having a strange car park directly in front of my house is a pet peeve of mine. Maybe it shouldn't bother me, but it does.

I'm landscaping the front yard to include a wide circular paver driveway. I will be removing most if not all of the curb stone in front of my house. Any on street parking in front of my house will be partially blocking my driveway, which is easy enough to address.

Watch for people using your driveway to turn around. That used to happen to my neighbor quite a lot.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:49 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post

Are you actually allowed to do that and remove curbs that were officially installed or do you need permission from the municipality you live in? Anyone I know with circular driveways do not have all the curb removed, but just have an additional driveway on the opposite end of the driveway's curve.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:06 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,497 times
Instead of posting this nonsense maybe you should grow a pair and talk to this guy. That should be your first step instead your ready to waste everyones time short of calling the National Guard. He isn't doing anything illegal so your best bet is diplomacy but I'm betting that approach would be a bit traumatic for you.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:54 AM

66 posts, read 232,611 times
Leave a note on the car with a Gift Card to the local car wash. Ask the person to park the car somewhere else if it bothers you that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island