Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,571 times

Advertisements

Marilyn, you can ignore Joe for the most part. He has a bit of a reputation around here. Unfortunately there is a small kernal of wisdom in his rantings. As a resident of Great Neck I hear the same thing every morning whether I'm at the Cutter Mill Deli or at Best Bagels: "I can't believe more of them[Persian Jews and Orthodox Jews] are moving in. They make all of us look bad." So unfortunately we are not as copacetic as we would like to think. Lawrence is having the same problem. (I'm an atheist, so I've removed myself from the debate). Also look up "Persian Palace" in wikipedia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 04:50 PM

106 posts, read 578,596 times
Trust me, it is here in Hewlett too!!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 PM

491 posts, read 828,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz79 View Post
As a resident of Great Neck I hear the same thing every morning whether I'm at the Cutter Mill Deli or at Best Bagels: "I can't believe more of them[Persian Jews and Orthodox Jews] are moving in. They make all of us look bad." Also look up "Persian Palace" in wikipedia.
What happend is you guys (Like the people in Lawence, Hewlett, Manhasset, Port W and others) lost your represantation like American colonists did 230 years ago !

Your Supervisor Jon Kaiman and Mayor's Deem, Kreitzman the Zoning board, council pricks take your taxes yet only cater to Persian money and other special interests.
---Face it YOUR OWN ELECTED PEOPLE sold you out !!
Your mayor (Deem)has been in bed with developer Frank Lalezarian Arrandale/Middle Neck Apartment Proposal Revealed for years
These crooked polititions have forgotten and outright ignored who they work for !

Town of NH has a "looking to the future" statute (I think it was Newburger and the old Town attorney Miller who is now NS Hospital administrator TALK ABOUT CURRUPTION) to shut people up that says public pressure alone can no longer be used to detemin the outcome of rezoning.
Now they "stick it" right up out red white and blue backsides !

Until people grow some balls get off there "American Idol" watching butts and raise hell (do I hear with another Boston tea party) things are only going to get worse. Once the Persian Jewish have enough numbers get there people in office FORGET IT !!
Your think your getting dumped on now ?

You have the same crap going on (like the colonists) the only difference is your Westminster Parliament resides 220 Plandome road and Great Neck Plaza.
Im not racist just telling it like it is, my last post i no longer live in Manhasset its no longer my problem I'm just giving advice.

This bulldozong Tudors, Trees & replacing the front yards with concrete and sand "Persian Palace" crap would NEVER go down in Garden City, people would be hung !

-Joe

Last edited by Joe L; 07-11-2007 at 12:08 AM..

Old 07-11-2007, 05:17 AM

216 posts, read 829,347 times
Chazz, I've learned to ignore him.
It occurred to me that he is an angry, pathetic, malcontented individual who has to live with his own bile on a daily basis. That's his self-imposed punishment. He's not worth the mental energy it costs to try to figure out what his major malfunction is.

What I don't understand is this. He seems to hate anyone other than "americans". Any newcomers to a neighborhood are not tolerated by him.

I wonder then, what native-american tribe his bloodline can be traced from? Short of that, he should shut the hell up like the rest of us "interlopers" onto american (melting-pot) soil.

Life's too short to try to reason with a character like that.

Isn't there a moderator on this board? On other boards people like that get silenced.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:06 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar1lyn27 View Post

Isn't there a moderator on this board? On other boards people like that get silenced.
Yes, certainly. And, wisely I think, they have chosen to let Joe L speak his peace.

I've repeatedly taken issue with the anti-semitism, which I certainly do not share. But his points about local corruption and this misuse of taxpayer funds are well taken.

Seeing as large numbers of hard working people are hard pressed paying these tax bills, I would sooner fault those who are not angry for docility and complacency, rather than him for his anger.

Last edited by Dedalus; 07-11-2007 at 08:18 AM..

Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,873 times
Quote:
Chazz, I've learned to ignore him.
It occurred to me that he is an angry, pathetic, malcontented individual who has to live with his own bile on a daily basis. That's his self-imposed punishment. He's not worth the mental energy it costs to try to figure out what his major malfunction is.

What I don't understand is this. He seems to hate anyone other than "americans". Any newcomers to a neighborhood are not tolerated by him.

I wonder then, what native-american tribe his bloodline can be traced from? Short of that, he should shut the hell up like the rest of us "interlopers" onto american (melting-pot) soil.

Life's too short to try to reason with a character like that.

Perhaps you were unaware...it's 2007. That liberal, are you an Indian crap is nonsense. America in 2007 is not the same place we liberated from the Indians. Hence, there should be a different set of standards. Places like Great Neck, while not my favorite, have an establised look and feel about them and a way of doing things. People who have been there for years have every right to complain when they perceive the area to be going to hell. Like it or not, what Joe rants about, while sometimes a little wild, is often times relatively on point. Sure he's bitter, but he has every right to be.

Have you been to, say, Williamsburg Brooklyn? Hasidics, and perhaps Persians, like to take over a place and shut all the outsiders out. 5 Towns is not getting slammed with people that give 2 craps about the schools since all their brood go to Hebrew school. A liberal like yourself should also have problems with that sort of behaivor, too, I would think since it doesn't seem to ring the kumbaya bell and leaves little for the community not in their little circle.

I don't live there, but I know a couple poeple that do and they echo similar feelings as Joe. The Queensification (and I lived in Queens all my life until not too long ago) is starting to spread and it's not good. Hence my moving to GC...like Joe said, I don't think a lot of that crap will fly here.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:38 PM

216 posts, read 829,347 times
GC guy...you are so innately anti semitic it's incredible. I'm not going to even bother to waste my time responding to your ridiculous rant.

I'm sure you're very happy in your little whitebread garden city world.

Leaving this board and looking for signs of intelligent life elsewhere. None to be found here.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:55 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,873 times
Quote:
GC guy...you are so innately anti semitic it's incredible. I'm not going to even bother to waste my time responding to your ridiculous rant.

I'm sure you're very happy in your little whitebread garden city world.

Leaving this board and looking for signs of intelligent life elsewhere. None to be found here.
That's entirely untrue. In fact, not that it matters, we were trying to get a good, Jewish friend of ours to be my son-to-be's godmother...alas it is no allowed.

I digress...you don't know me, you don't know what you're talking about and every damn post from you on this board was LOOKING AND HOPING for something possibly resembling an anti-semitic slant. You need to relax yourself and stop trying to pick fights with people.

I do like my whitebread garden city world, but that doesn't mean I dislike all others. Sorry to disappoint you. Unfortunately, during my years in Queens, to my lifeguarding jobs for 7 summers in Forest Hills, to my 4 years in Albany for college, to my current position...I know many people that seem to be (as far as I know from this board) of your ilk. Enjoy your life being the victim.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Quote:
GC guy...you are so innately anti semitic it's incredible.
Perhaps, your next Internet experience will include someone who knows the meaning of the word 'innately.'

Those who go around this world pointing a finger and accusing people of bigotry, thinking that that is a logical argument...it's like flinging a harpoon into the Leviathian of heritage, in order to tow the garbage barge of mediocrity.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bhere View Post
Wondering, does the North Shore predominantly consist of people of the Jewish faith?

Any North shore towns mixed religion wise or have a Catholic population? I have heard more Suffolk North SHore is mixed or Catholic, while most North SHore Nassau towns are Jewish.

Any truth in this or am I misinformed? Thanks

Searingtown is pretty mixed and lower priced than Manhasset
or you might want to try E. Williston

Last edited by Keeper; 03-19-2008 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: name change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island