Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:03 AM

939 posts, read 2,311,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
..They are dumb.
wrong ... not knowing how to properly use them is dumb

Old 02-26-2010, 08:33 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
We only use Amex.

Funny how we keep hearing about the montrous c.c debt that people carry but only the people with no debt are answering. Maybe the poll should be anon-y-mous.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFD240 View Post
wrong ... not knowing how to properly use them is dumb
Then there is obviously a staggering amount of improper users out there.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:54 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Ill go troll the NC threads with my 0 CC debt and gloat about how I won the irish lottery on LI to pay it off.
Do I get from this that you think people who live in NC have more CC debt then you?

Whenever I listen to the radio here (to and from work) it is a constant stream of CC debt commercials... I'm guessing they're targeting this area for a reason - and it's not because 25 anonymous people on a forum say they have 0.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 AM

496 posts, read 1,251,473 times
mortgage debt on one house.
around 6k car debt (this debt will help me have a reason to say NO to hubby's request for a new truck).
and maybe 3k in credit card debt. should be debt free in a couple of months, but then again haven't filed taxes yet, so don't know if it is bad news or good news.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Do I get from this that you think people who live in NC have more CC debt then you?

Whenever I listen to the radio here (to and from work) it is a constant stream of CC debt commercials... I'm guessing they're targeting this area for a reason - and it's not because 25 anonymous people on a forum say they have 0.

No.

What you do get is my statement that not everyone on LI is struggling or swimming in CC debt.
(Apparently just those who couldnt make it and are now waxing nostalgic on our anonymous forum for home.)

BTW they are also peddling alot of garbage on LI radio.
Teeth in an Hour comes to mind."Really no ...take your time"
I tell ya if anyone needs Teeth in an Hour its NC...sadly they cant afford it so I guess they targeted those who can.
Besides werent we talking about VA.
; )

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 02-26-2010 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-26-2010, 11:48 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
There are some people here with surprisingly low CC debt.
If you followed this board youd think we were all on the brink of destruction.
I think the people who have it just don't want to think about it. Guaranteed they haven't even opened the thread....so I think everyone who HAS responded is being truthful. That's why I think an anon poll would be more interesting. No one with hundreds of posts and lots of opinions is going to come here and say "yeah, I'm up to $50K in c.c debt, don't know what I'm gonna do".

Just MHO.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:54 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
No.

What you do get is my statement that not everyone on LI is struggling or swimming in CC debt.
(Apparently just those who couldnt make it and are now waxing nostalgic on our anonymous forum for home.)

BTW they are also peddling alot of garbage on LI radio.
Teeth in an Hour comes to mind."Really no ...take your time"
I tell ya if anyone needs Teeth in an Hour its NC...sadly they cant afford it so I guess they targeted those who can.
; )

Crooks
heh - that's awesome. I went through a ton of pain to get my CC debt gone, but I get the feeling that's not the norm here on LI (regardless of what's posted here). I know plenty of people struggling with it and I'm guessing those folks are too embarrassed to post here.

Now teeth are a whole other discussion... "take your time" will put you into plenty of debt and getting new chompers in an hour is throwing money away. Guess that's why they gum their food in the South and they take the cheap way out on LI? Can't be letting that neighbor look better then you even if it means the cheap teeth will fall out in a year.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I think the people who have it just don't want to think about it. Guaranteed they haven't even opened the thread....so I think everyone who HAS responded is being truthful. That's why I think an anon poll would be more interesting. No one with hundreds of posts and lots of opinions is going to come here and say "yeah, I'm up to $50K in c.c debt, don't know what I'm gonna do".

Just MHO.
You might be surprised at the threads you can find on the "Personal Finance" forum... Tons of CC debt out there...

But I agree with the statement about anonymity - something as personal as finances won't elicit too many responses from seriously debt burdened people unless they can remain anonymous...

Old 02-26-2010, 12:02 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
heh - that's awesome. I went through a ton of pain to get my CC debt gone, but I get the feeling that's not the norm here on LI (regardless of what's posted here). I know plenty of people struggling with it and I'm guessing those folks are too embarrassed to post here.

Now teeth are a whole other discussion... "take your time" will put you into plenty of debt and getting new chompers in an hour is throwing money away. Guess that's why they gum their food in the South and they take the cheap way out on LI? Can't be letting that neighbor look better then you even if it means the cheap teeth will fall out in a year.
LMAO.

Ya really cant skimp on Teeth, Plastic Surgery or Tattoos.

FWIW
It took me some time to tighten my belt too with the CC debt.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island