Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:57 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucew View Post
I thought Hispanics were only into Bull Fighting, Wrestling (as long as they wear masks), and cat juggling
No, no-that was before they moved here. You know, before everyone got so scared of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I think being the sarcastic one has gone to his head and he wants to keep up his image at any cost!

I find that remark hurtful.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Sure, many schools banned many items throughout the years. Longwood SD banned roach clips (Feathers). This does not mean every kid wearing a roach clip was a burnout.
But do they allow hemostats?

Quote:
Please explain this to dman, he doesn't get it.
More recently, Longwood banned bandana's because the kids were squaring off based on what color they wore on any given day. It became a sub culture. Plenty of white kids did this too. It was in fashion, and was the cool thing to do.
I found the lipstick color story more amusing.

Quote:
Longwood also had 2 race riots in 4 years but that's another story (I LAUGH my butt off when I read the City-Data mantra regarding what districts are good versus which are bad).
And all of this stuff is happening in the lily-white neighborhoods you folks deem "Good".
No race riots to date at the Ward, which is a good thing.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
No, no-that was before they moved here. You know, before everyone got so scared of them.
That's why they had to take up cockfighting -- entertainment which ends with dinner.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
What's really funny is you just spelled it out perfectly but are too bullheaded to even realize it.
It is wrong to assume every brown person wearing an LA Kings jersey is MS13. Your racist overtones creep out in many of your posts. From judging school districts by how many blacks they have to assuming all hispanic people are illegal and gang affiliated.
This is your problem, not mine.
Soj you're pretending that gangs aren't a problem on LI because I said that Bellport was a sub par district a year ago.

It is not that off the mark to assume a Latino guy on LI wearing an LA Kings Jersey is not really an LA Kings fan, but more likely a Latin Kings gang member or wannabe putting himself in harms way. I guess this somehow rocks some of your sensibilities and qualifies as profiling or discrimination. The world is an imperfect place..

..and Bellport SD still stinks regardless of how many minorities attend it.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
If you see Kings attire it is often gang clothing. Take it from someone who lives in Southern California. No one cares about Hockey here.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 AM

137 posts, read 356,885 times
Quote:

they play soccer now.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Soj you're pretending that gangs aren't a problem on LI because I said that Bellport was a sub par district a year ago.

It is not that off the mark to assume a Latino guy on LI wearing an LA Kings Jersey is not really an LA Kings fan, but more likely a Latin Kings gang member or wannabe putting himself in harms way. I guess this somehow rocks some of your sensibilities and qualifies as profiling or discrimination. The world is an imperfect place..

..and Bellport SD still stinks regardless of how many minorities attend it.
Yes, your assumption that a hispanic wearing LA KIngs garb must be gang related makes you a racist. Absolutely. You know nothing about this guy-nothing, yet assume... This is the backbone of racism.

The only one going back a year is you. Your opinions regarding school districts speak for themselves. And if gang members are in fact roaming the very neighborhoods CD deemed acceptable, you are all stupid. The horrible place I live has no gangs, 'cause I don't see any LA Kings apparel.
Yes, the world is an imperfect place. Your posts in this thread prove this point.
Do you really think it upsets me that YOU think S. Country SD stinks?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
If you see Kings attire it is often gang clothing. Take it from someone who lives in Southern California. No one cares about Hockey here.
Well, the LA Kings do suck.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:02 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Yes, your assumption that a hispanic wearing LA KIngs garb must be gang related makes you a racist. Absolutely. You know nothing about this guy-nothing, yet assume... This is the backbone of racism.

The only one going back a year is you. Your opinions regarding school districts speak for themselves. And if gang members are in fact roaming the very neighborhoods CD deemed acceptable, you are all stupid. The horrible place I live has no gangs, 'cause I don't see any LA Kings apparel.
Yes, the world is an imperfect place. Your posts in this thread prove this point.
Do you really think it upsets me that YOU think S. Country SD stinks?
I work in an commercial area where people are driving from as far as New Jersey and Conneticut to work. How that disqualifies what has been talked about school districts, I don't know.

As for what you qualify as racism....well, check what Sassberto said, more racism. Someone making an educated guess qualifies as racism. Right. Whatever makes you feel better.

Anything else I can type that you will mis-interpret either intentionally or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island