Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:12 AM

363 posts, read 1,360,862 times

Advertisements

A teenager of the 80's, now in my early 40's, I still rock the Michael Jackson, Prince & Madonna out of my mini-van windows, plus you hear my kids singing too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 12:02 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,385,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2peaches2oranges View Post
A teenager of the 80's, now in my early 40's, I still rock the Michael Jackson, Prince & Madonna out of my mini-van windows, plus you hear my kids singing too.
I'm in my early 20s, and still rock the Michael Jackson and Prince (don't listen to Madonna) sometimes. I'm more into 80s-early 90s metal though; Dokken, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Skid Row, Metallica.

It's funny how a few years ago, I had a lot of CD's in my car but ever since I got an auxillary output in my car, I just plug in my iPod. Easier to carry than tapes and CD's.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:05 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
I think it's BOOM chukka chukka BOOM BOOM chukka chukka BOOM BOOM chukka chukka.

I don't know what the hell you're listening to.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:39 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I believe in ca a ticket for loud music in a car is around $500.00. Its all about revenue in the not so golden state.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:55 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The 8 track tape was popular from the mid 60s to late 70s. Their was plenty of am/fm 8 track stereos in cars back then but the sound was poor with factory speakers. Some factory car stereo systems only had am & 8 track stereo.

If you open up a 8 track tape you will know why they are called 8 track tapes. I think they should of been called 4 track tapes.

I have over 100 8 tracks & havent played them in yrs. My dad had a am/fm/turnable/cassette/8 track stereo system from 1980 that still worked (except the cassette deck) & he said i could have it cause he hasnt used it since the mid 90s. It would of been great to play my old 8 track tapes again but i kept getting put off (i first asked for it a few or so yrs back). My step mother said i couldnt have it so she gave it to charity last year. She told me she would rather give stuff to charity then family for the tax right off. We dont talk anymore.

Does anyone have one of these nice portable 8 track tape decks ? Welcome to 8-track Heaven!
I used to have one of these, the Lloyds Portable! LOL!
8-Track Players - Portables - Page 4 (http://www.8trackheaven.com/portable4.html - broken link)

Do you know how hard it is to change the big ass "D" batteries in one of these things while running from a very angry Italian Deli owner coming from one direction and the police in the other?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:24 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,079,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I think it's BOOM chukka chukka BOOM BOOM chukka chukka BOOM BOOM chukka chukka.

I don't know what the hell you're listening to.
I'll venture a guess that Cyanna doesn't know what she's listening to either. That's because it's not a matter of what she's listening to, but what someone else is listening to and imposing on everyone within a quarter-mile radius. Audio totalitarianism, I call it.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:20 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Here's a long-dormant thread I'm glad I stumbled upon. The BBC article listed only 4 cases of 'loud music-induced collapsed lung' but I'm sure I could go collecting more anecdotes via google, given the doctor's quote: We can't estimate how common loud music is as a cause, but it is probably quite significant.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles