Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Disneyland.

Disneyland is awsome in the rain. It's decorated for Christmas right now and no crowds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Raining in SoCal? Best blow up your inflatable raft and get prepared for the flood!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:32 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
I know it doesn't sound like fun but I've been putting in some extra time cleaning my house. The work has to be done anyway and if I get ahead of my house cleaning that will leave me with more free time when the weather improves.

I've been working on an inside DIY project. That's no fun either but again it has to be done and I'm getting a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction as my project proceeds. In fact I hope I can finish tomorrow which apparently will be well ahead of the end of the storm.

If I had a significant other I wouldn't mind renting some DVDs and getting comfy on the couch with a nice fire going in the fireplace. Did you consider possibly putting in some additional rack time?

Also, do you have any hobbies? Some people aren't into hobbies, some are. I'm the latter. I've been spending some time the last few days working on my art techniques (practicing inking). Hobbies, either you got the bug or you don't. My only hobby problem is having too many!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Raining in SoCal? Best blow up your inflatable raft and get prepared for the flood!

New flood warnings issued as L.A. braces for heavy rains | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Old 12-19-2010, 12:32 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
I find it kind of funny that it not even cold, but it's raining. I hope Southern California isn't catching that Southern US weather.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
I'm going to read books and drink hot apple cider. One of my cats will probably jump into my lap at some point, too. Ah, peace...

Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Just had our family room remodeled so I have been spending this weekend configuring our TV, stereo/home theater and Wii.

Mr. Cheap may buy a 50 inch HD TV too (to replace our dying 32 inch CRT) - even though he never watches TV but the wife and kids do. So, looking into mounting options for the entertainment center.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:43 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,384,247 times
I cleaned my house, and may begin to change the axles to my car. I've also caught up on some long-lost movie watching (I don't watch very many movies).

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I love sleeping to the sound of rain. It makes everything seem peaceful and calm. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow..bleh!

Old 12-19-2010, 10:50 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Get the LA Times Calendar section to see what's going on.

Myself, I'm working on a 1,500 piece jigsaw puzzle. I've been doing them since I was 11, I'm 51 now. Also going to watch some TV while working the puzzle, bake some cinnamon rolls and have some hot chocolate.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:08 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
I cleaned my house, and may begin to change the axles to my car. I've also caught up on some long-lost movie watching (I don't watch very many movies).

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I love sleeping to the sound of rain. It makes everything seem peaceful and calm. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow..bleh!
Sounds like we're in similar situation. I've been working on my DIY project (home repair), just finished this morning's piece, then a minor continuation of the DIY this afternoon followed by more house cleaning after that. My house is beginning to look much nicer! (Just the thing for prospective house buyers, hoping to get the first of them next month.)

I'm hoping to get some time for hobby stuff or continue reading my novel, but plenty of time tomorrow if I don't get there today.

I like the sound of rain too, in the day but particularly at night, and it's nice that it's been calm and not very cold at night, so that I can open my bedroom window a bit and hear the drips as they fall off the roof and hit the ground outside my window. Dripping rain is very soothing! Also, it keeps the lawn mowers and leaf blowers idle, and neighbors with noisy home improvement projects inside instead pounding, sawing and generally making a racket.

Sorry to make you envious but tomorrow for me, more of the same, no need to commute to work, no work (and alas... no money either).

I'm pretty sure we Angelinos can expect continued rain for as much as possibly several days more. Y'all better get used to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles