Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 AM

927 posts, read 2,466,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
I KNOW THE AREA I WAS BORN IN LA I COME HERE A FEW TIMES A YEAR. Renting is throwing money out the window. Of course I am going to rent whilst I am looking but, that is going to be a Corporate let that my company is paying for up to a year. Again I am just asking for locations not lectures.
If you know the area, then you know that it takes longer than 16 minutes to get from Noho to Weho during rush hour.

Renting is not throwing your money out the window. You must watch a lot of late night real estate scams. Buying is much more expensive than renting, on a monthly basis.

No, we are not licensed real estate agents. You asked a free message board from people with various backgrounds.. what did you expect?

We gave you the info we had and you didn't like the answer, so you kept arguing. [mod cut-- rude/personal] Have fun sitting in traffic every day and spending all of your time and cash on repairs...

Last edited by observer53; 02-15-2011 at 05:18 AM..

Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Looking to buy a affordable condo that is near W. Hollywood. I can't afford W. Hollywood but, I just landed a job in that area and this will also be my place to play at night. What area's would you suggest to buy a 2 bed condo for under 200k? My boss told me That N. Hollywood is up and coming and Sherman Oaks is a decent location that I may still be able to find a affordable 2 bed condo..any other locations that you may suggest to me would be appreciated.
rent - don't buywhat sort of work are you in? Sherman Oaks is very not NoHo..apples and oranges...mid wilshire area is cheaper...

Old 02-15-2011, 03:49 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
If you know the area, then you know that it takes longer than 16 minutes to get from Noho to Weho during rush hour.

Renting is not throwing your money out the window. You must watch a lot of late night real estate scams. Buying is much more expensive than renting, on a monthly basis.

No, we are not licensed real estate agents. You asked a free message board from people with various backgrounds.. what did you expect?

We gave you the info we had and you didn't like the answer, so you kept arguing. [mod cut in original post] Have fun sitting in traffic every day and spending all of your time and cash on repairs...

it has been years since i lived here. and maybe you should take a trip to NOHO and see what your missing a lot of beautiful properties that are affordable that don't need repairs. [mod cut-- response to deleted material/rude/personal]

maybe you should see the listings I went to today and BUYING IS MUCH MORE CHEAPER IN WEHO. I saw a 1 bed that is for sale for 235k with a HOA of $266. I have the entire amount an do not need a mortgage. if i was going to get a mortgage with 20 percent down my monthly mortgage would be about $1010 a month. try finding a one bed in the same building for that amount IMPOSSIBLE...

[mod cut-- personal]

Last edited by observer53; 02-15-2011 at 05:21 AM..

Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
rent - don't buywhat sort of work are you in? Sherman Oaks is very not NoHo..apples and oranges...mid wilshire area is cheaper...
I know there is a difference between them. Not sure if you read my first post but, I mentioned I was looking for a place that is close and affordable to West Hollywood. I later mentioned I may have to come down in size to a 1 bed to afford a place in West Hollywood so I would be close to my work and social life.

I want to buy. I loath giving a landlord my money, to me its like throwing it out the window. I find there is more security when you buy and you can do as you please with in CONDO reason to your flat. I sent you a email and it shows there are so many props that are avail that are cheaper then renting. Also my employer is going to be paying for my corporate apt for up to a year, So that gives me more money to save. I will check out the wilshire area as you suggested.

just curious why do you recommend renting and not buying?

Last edited by 30STM; 02-15-2011 at 04:18 AM..

Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
I think the "renting vs. buying issue" was discussed upthread, not to mention in numerous other places on this forum. Thread closed.

Last edited by observer53; 02-15-2011 at 10:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles