Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times

Advertisements

But you loved LA a few months to a year ago.

So what changed?

I'm guessing personal circumstances that don't necessarily have much to do with the city itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
But you loved LA a few months to a year ago.

So what changed?

I'm guessing personal circumstances that don't necessarily have much to do with the city itself.
Nope, nothing personal at all. I've been here since late-February, I've just come to realize that this city is not for me and it completely disappoints. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Please, I'm not the only one to hate on LA.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,476 times
He can have its opinion, its perfectly fine. There are people that don't like it here and there are people that absolutely love it here. That's how it is everywhere. Not everyone will like this same thing, and that's a beautiful thing. He'll go on to where he belongs and someone who loves the city will take his place.

When are you leaving PDF?

Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
He can have its opinion, its perfectly fine. There are people that don't like it here and there are people that absolutely love it here. That's how it is everywhere. Not everyone will like this same thing, and that's a beautiful thing. He'll go on to where he belongs and someone who loves the city will take his place.

When are you leaving PDF?
I brought up my opinion in response to what pwright said, as I had say something to say. Not to bash LA just because I felt like it. At least you understand that.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:30 PM

Nah, it's cool. I understand my beloved city isn't for everyone. I'll always defend it though, because I love it.

I wish you the best in wherever you end up.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Nope, nothing personal at all. I've been here since late-February, I've just come to realize that this city is not for me and it completely disappoints. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Please, I'm not the only one to hate on LA.
I know, just find it unusual that you went from loving LA to hating it so quickly.

If you don't mind sharing, also curious why you don't like it anymore.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM

896 posts, read 1,399,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
If you don't like LA it's a reflection of being unhappy with yourself.

Sometimes location determines how happy you are with your self if you're in a small town or city.

But in a place as large as LA you can always find what you need.
I do not necessarily agree. Every city or environment is not for everyone. Is does not mean something is wrong with the person. People receive and get different energy depending on what is for them.

Btw, I like L.A is one of my favorite cities, but I hate it when someone states if they do not like something. Something is wrong with them. I know L.A has a ton of variety, but maybe PDF gets more energized in a urban environment. I do not know. Therefore the person will meet other people and do things depending on what environment the person is in.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I do not necessarily agree. Every city or environment is not for everyone. Is does not mean something is wrong with the person. People receive and get different energy depending on what is for them.

Btw, I like L.A is one of my favorite cities, but I hate it when someone states if they do not like something. Something is wrong with them. I know L.A has a ton of variety, but maybe PDF gets more energized in a urban environment. I do not know. Therefore the person will meet other people and do things depending on what environment the person is in.
I agree completely. PDF simply does not at home here, and that's ok. You should never stay where you aren't happy. When I lived in San Francisco, I wasn't happy at all, I felt it was a huge mistake moving there and I couldn't wait to get out. It's just the way it is. We are all built differently and find happyness in different things. He's not a bad person, just has different tastes than we do.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,089 times
LA is LA.

It shouldn't try to be NYC or Chicago.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post

I don't necessarily disagree, but I have found that people "run" from their problems to different locations and those problems chase them. Not saying thats the case for PDF, but it is for a lot of people. If they aren't happy in one place, they aren't happy anywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles