Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
North Hollywood - I've been here for a year & there's a lot more white people moving in. It's very heavily Hispanic north of Burbank.
I guess it's having a throwback again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 PM

184 posts, read 353,634 times
It's interesting that a lot of people mentioned North Hollywood too. I do hope NoHo gets more gentrified , it would be nice if ALL of noHo was gentrified though (but that prob won't happen for a while IF ever). I live in the part of NoHo that is not "hip" several miles north of the arts district. I think buying something in the arts district is probably a good investment now. I think there is a lot of potential there. I think right now it is more of a kind of struggling artist type of scene and I don't think the people hanging there have a bunch of money. Lot's of dance studios and relatively cheap places to eat. As more places open up though and it becomes more desirable, I could see more places catering to people with more money and home prices going up. I think Valley Village is pretty overpriced for what it is and it is pretty much North Hollywood too. It's kind of crazy that homes are selling for close to West L.A prices..but i'm guessing most people buying in Valley Village are somewhat higher ups in the film industry and want to be close to the studios.

It would be nice if the area north of the arts district became more gentrified. North Hollywood is pretty big and spread out and the Arts district is just a tiny part of it. I could see home values going up significantly especially in the arts district since the metro is right there and new places are opening.

It's definitely a young crowd around there it seems like almost everyone is under 35 . Since the metro is there it does seem to be pretty transient. So I'm not sure how many people live right around there and how many are just in the are kinda hanging out.

The demographics seem to be mostly young white and blacks which is interesting because going north you don't see too many black or white people really and it becomes primarily Hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles