Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 PM

113 posts, read 257,835 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

Parents are thinking of purchasing a home in Diamond bar. The area they're looking at is in between the intersection of Valley/Grand and 57/60 fwy.

In the picture below the house my parents are thinking of buying is marked by the "A":

I don't know this area at all, so I have a couple of questions:

1. Will they ever build the Los Angeles Stadium? Is that ever happening or a pipe dream? If stadium won't be built, what will replace it? What is the impact on the neighborhood if stadium is built?

2. North of the proposed site for the Los Angeles Stadium is an empty field. (In the map I marked it as "What is this? X"). What is this space going to be? Did it use to be something that was hazardous to one's health, like a trash dump?

3. There's a railway running parallel to Valley. How noisy is that?

4. They're bidding $450,000 for a 3 bed room, 2 bath home of about 1,400 square feet. And they're ahead. It seems like too good of a price for that neighborhood IMHO. What do you think? It's a normal, relatively nice house, well kept.

And of course any general info about the neighborhood (.5 mile radius from the "A" in the map) will be greatly appreciated. My parents don't have young children so school district is not a concern. Their top concerns are noise, health issues, and just safety.

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,853,795 times
The Industry stadium likely won't happen--I think Ed Roski did have a chance with the Industry stadium before AEG jumped in with the Downtown stadium plan... City of LA just has more political clout and money to lure a NFL team than City of Industry. I have read that Roski will build a commercial/retail complex there if the stadium plan fails.

The railroad corridor there is for freight trains. How loud the trains are depends on where the property is. I guess you will just have to hang out in the property's area and hear for yourself.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 PM

113 posts, read 257,835 times
Thank you Genjy!

It does sound like the Downtown stadium plan is more feasible. As a resident of Diamond Bar, would you be happy with a commercial/retail complex there? I guess that's better than a stadium, but of course the best thing would be if it is turned into residential development instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: