Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:43 PM

38,895 posts, read 22,885,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaOC View Post
In case you may still be open to a suggestion, USBank has been amazing for me and they are expanding pretty quickly here. I have had very few problems with them and the customer service has been amazing, the few problems I have had were fixed quickly, most before we got off the phone. And it's nice because they have locations nationwide.
One of my sisters and her husband have accounts at U.S. Bank and they're pretty happy with them. I think they have a neat-looking logo compared with the other big-name banks.

Regarding U.S. Bank being nationwide, I think it's more accurate to say they're located in major areas of the country (not all states, if that's what you were saying), as explained in the following Wikipedia article:

U.S. Bancorp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just checked U.S. Bank's website to look up their current interest rates for their basic savings account (only 0.10%). You'd be better off putting your savings in either an online bank such as ING Direct or a credit union, in my humble opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 11:49 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
You'd be better off putting your savings in either an online bank such as ING Direct or a credit union, in my humble opinion.
Wow your mind reader, I seriously just opened an ING Orange Savings account like a week ago. It's is a great option for people who have money in savings making little to nothing and who are familiar with online banking. No fee's, minimums, etc... it's a great deal. OMG I'm like one of their commercials now. AHHHHHH

Your correct in that they are not in all area's, but hey 28 out of 50 states isn't bad LOL. They do, however have locations in Texas and California, which would be perfect for the original poster

Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaOC View Post
Wow your mind reader, I seriously just opened an ING Orange Savings account like a week ago. It's is a great option for people who have money in savings making little to nothing and who are familiar with online banking. No fee's, minimums, etc... it's a great deal. OMG I'm like one of their commercials now. AHHHHHH

Your correct in that they are not in all area's, but hey 28 out of 50 states isn't bad LOL. They do, however have locations in Texas and California, which would be perfect for the original poster
LOL!!! That makes two of us. Here I am pitching different banks and I don't even work for one. But yes, U.S. Bank may be another option for the original poster to consider should he change his mind about banking at WaMu upon moving here.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 AM

54 posts, read 312,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I guess the old adage applies--YMMV. (Your Mileage May Vary.) Glad to know your experience with WaMu is better than mine, as far as speaking with the phone customer service.

P.S. Was the number you called (800) 788-7000? That's the number that instantly connected me to Manila.
Yeah that's the number that I always call and have never been diverted to Manila. Lucky me I guess

Old 02-18-2008, 09:34 AM

396 posts, read 1,724,183 times
washington mutual is the best one i found, plus there are a ton of them here.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereistic01 View Post
As long as you don't have to stand in line on a payday Friday or call their overseas telephone customer service, you should have a very happy experience with WaMu. Happy Banking!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 AM

19 posts, read 113,393 times
How about CitiBank?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 PM

Thumbs up Join a credit union

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator_db View Post
How about CitiBank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereistic01 View Post
Have either of you thought of joining a credit union? They provide pretty much the same services as the traditional banking institutions we all know (BofA, Wells Fargo, WaMu, etc.). One really good thing about them is that through the Co-Op Network, you can use ANY credit union's ATMs in the country for FREE!!! That's over 20,000 ATMs--more than even BofA. Here's the website for one I joined over a month ago, which is open to all Southern Californians:

Welcome to Wescom

Their motto is "Banking You Just Can't Get At Your Bank." I've already discovered that to be true. I'm wondering why I didn't join a credit union sooner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles