Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:48 PM

97 posts, read 646,910 times

Advertisements

I think that as more illegal mexicans flood the city of LA the gang problem is going to get worse.The majority of the mexicans do not have the skills to make it in our society and will turn to crime in order to make money.The LA gang problem is already near crisis mode with the homies taking over former good middle class areas.I dont understand why the city does not let real estate developers buy up the bad areas and bulldoze them.This would improve life for the good citizens who pay taxes and actually work for a living instead of robbing and selling crack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 03:22 PM

128 posts, read 461,855 times
sounds like a job for .....

BATMAN!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM

128 posts, read 461,855 times
don't mean to be insensitve- just a joke i couldn't resist!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:53 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,034,530 times
You know, I have yet to see not ONE gangmember and I live in the valley near North Hollywood.

I don't see guys standing on corners or tats to the nines like they show on TV. I'm also black. I haven't had a mexican run up on me and tell me to get lost or else? In fact, quite the opposite.

Where exactly ARE these gangmembers you guys and the Mayor are so afraid of?

Old 03-29-2007, 04:04 PM

252 posts, read 1,128,005 times
consider yourself lucky. Think about this, would you consider it a non-risk for you or your family to be out taking a walk after 8pm at any given place in the Valley?

regardless, when our former (allegedly) gangmember Mayor says its a problem, its a problem. I can show you many, starting with across my street.

As for if it will get better or worse, I really would like to think that if he does have it in him, our Mayor would be the most experienced to deal with it.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candid Canuck View Post
don't mean to be insensitve- just a joke i couldn't resist!
OMG, Canuck. Will you marry me?? Oh, wait. I'm already married. Okay...will you marry my husband? As long as you can either cook or paint walls, you're so in.

I swear 90% of your posts make me laugh. What was that one about getting laid?

Sorry for the hijack, folks...This thread absolutely did need some pre-lightening up...I'm going to grab a box of popcorn tonight after the kids are in bed and watch the show.......

Old 03-29-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb3 View Post
consider yourself lucky. Think about this, would you consider it a non-risk for you or your family to be out taking a walk after 8pm at any given place in the Valley?

regardless, when our former (allegedly) gangmember Mayor says its a problem, its a problem. I can show you many, starting with across my street.

As for if it will get better or worse, I really would like to think that if he does have it in him, our Mayor would be the most experienced to deal with it.
No, but I still haven't seen any noticeable gang people. Back where I come from you can tell a gangmember from a "regular" person by the clothes they wear and the people they hang with.

I don't see groups of guys on the street that look like they're in the gangs scene, that's all. It just seems like some of this stuff could be "imaginary" to get some money out of the government for the so-called "40,000" gangs that reside in Southern California.

Now, how the HELL they know it's 40,000? And if it IS true, how could the police let it get so out of hand??

I'm not saying gangs don't exist, just that I have NEVER seen any.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

Now, how the HELL they know it's 40,000?
You know, it's weird, I've always wondered that too!

I mean do they come in for a census? "Attention, all gang members. Please show up for GANGLAND CENSUS 2007! There will be fun, refreshments and entertainment. Current gang members please line up on the left. Informers, please admit yourselves through the service entrance in order to obtain your FREE GANGLAND CENSUS 2007 facial disguise! Please note that for the safety of all attendees, you are asked NOT to wear the following colors: black, blue, red, light blue, off-black, white, blue and white, red and blue, red and white, green, orange, fuscia, beige or plaid."

Everybody reads this and goes, "Oh this is the sh*t! You gonna be there? Yeah? Me too! Don't tell the Bloods though. Those f*ckers."

Old 03-29-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You know, it's weird, I've always wondered that too!

I mean do they come in for a census? "Attention, all gang members. Please show up for GANGLAND CENSUS 2007! There will be fun, refreshments and entertainment. Current gang members please line up on the left. Informers, please admit yourselves through the service entrance in order to obtain your FREE GANGLAND CENSUS 2007 facial disguise! Please note that for the safety of all attendees, you are asked NOT to wear the following colors: black, blue, red, light blue, off-black, white, blue and white, red and blue, red and white, green, orange, fuscia, beige or plaid."

Everybody reads this and goes, "Oh this is the sh*t! You gonna be there? Yeah? Me too! Don't tell the Bloods though. Those f*ckers."
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean like FOR REAL??? They give press conferences talking about the out of control "gang" problem, but I have yet to see anybody remotely resembling a hardcore gangmember. No baldheads, tats, nice thick just got out of prison bodies, etc.

I'm thinking it's b.s. and they're just trying to get some money out of the government for "other" things.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
[i][b]nice thick just got out of prison bodies, etc.
Oh TELL ME. What the heck, do you ever watch those prison shows where they wiggle-wiggle out the person's face with that editing program but their big huge guts are hanging out? I'm supposed to be afraid??? Well...okay, if he's holding a gun or a crossbow or anything that could be projectile, but...I'll tell you, if it comes down to dude chasing me, I think I have a pretty good shot.

p.s. I've never seen anybody I would have thought was a gang member either. But my DH did freak out on me when we first moved here and I tried to wear a red bandana over my head to keep this freaking eternally-burning ball of helium from singeing my very scalp. He said, "You're not going to get MY children shot!" (Don't you feel the love? Oh I KNEW he loved me...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles