Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:55 PM

255 posts, read 402,613 times

Advertisements

There is a taco truck that parks overnight at the end of my street. This is illegal. These trucks are required by law to park in an overnight commissary.

This is in West LA.

Anyone know who I could call or email to report them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 02:30 PM

223 posts, read 470,666 times
Ghostbusters.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:40 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
You'd probably be more likely to get a response or someone that cares if you call Ghostbusters versus the City of L.A.

I think you might have better luck with the health department versus parking enforcement..

CAL. HSC. CODE § 114295 : California Code - Section 114295

You could call 311 and hopefully someone would be able to help you..

I could see it being difficult though because the city is large and not well run.

Also pretty much nobody lives at night...who is going to go out there and PROVE that the truck is on the street?

Maybe there is parking enforcement and police...but will they communicate or work with the Health Department on this?

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Also there are lots of laws on the books..but they are just not enforced because the city has bigger fish to fry ,etc.

This does seem like one that is important though...who is cleaning this truck? people could get sick,etc.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:38 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatUnwashed View Post
Ghostbusters.
I can't give you rep because apparently you were the last person I repped. So rep +1.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:47 PM

255 posts, read 402,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You'd probably be more likely to get a response or someone that cares if you call Ghostbusters versus the City of L.A.

I think you might have better luck with the health department versus parking enforcement..

CAL. HSC. CODE § 114295 : California Code - Section 114295

You could call 311 and hopefully someone would be able to help you..

I could see it being difficult though because the city is large and not well run.

Also pretty much nobody lives at night...who is going to go out there and PROVE that the truck is on the street?

Maybe there is parking enforcement and police...but will they communicate or work with the Health Department on this?

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Also there are lots of laws on the books..but they are just not enforced because the city has bigger fish to fry ,etc.

This does seem like one that is important though...who is cleaning this truck? people could get sick,etc.
I was hoping that one of the nosey nellies in the neighborhood would have reported them already. Maybe they have but the city has done nothing.

About the night thing. The truck parks at this spot all day, then around 5pm or so they drive it off to wherever they go.

Yeah it is a health issue. It's also a traffic issue, since this truck makes it hard to see oncoming traffic when turning left off my street. But for me anyway, it's also a "how dare they"issue heh. They should be parking in a commissary like the other trucks. It's a frickin eyesore seeing this truck everyday.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:52 PM

Yeah I know what you mean , I've had issues with big RVs parking in my area and even once in front of my house.

It was pretty creepy cuz it was an old beat down RV and once I saw a guy going in there at night.

In those cases they supposedly have a rule of 3 days, but I think they give a citation first.

Regarding other neighbors complaining...good luck getting the city to tell you if there were any complaints.

Most likely they'll say "We can't look that up"

Have you called 311 yet to see if you can speak to the right person?

Another option is your city council member...although it depends if they care.

I used to live in West L.A and the people are definitely more demanding of their politicians than where I live now, but too many in L.A have the attitude of "Oh well it's no big deal"..

Too many small no big deals turns into big problems because people have the attitude that they can get away with stuff and there is very little risk...then more people take the risk, they might technically be breaking the law ,but it takes forever to catch up with them and in the meantime quality of life is lowered for residents.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:45 PM

75 posts, read 205,118 times
In a city the size of Los Angeles, no one is gonna give a darn. This is something you are going to have to solve yourself. However you choose to do that is up to you, but uh...some ways can be more "persuasive" than others. That's what my Uncle Jimmy used to tell me.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:25 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,416 times
Immigration?

Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dreamer View Post
In a city the size of Los Angeles, no one is gonna give a darn. This is something you are going to have to solve yourself. However you choose to do that is up to you, but uh...some ways can be more "persuasive" than others. That's what my Uncle Jimmy used to tell me.
Living in L.A and dealing with the way the city works (or doesn't work), I can see why being would resort to dealing with the Mafia in places like NYC.

The problem is that everything turns into a 'case' and the cases drag on for years. Even something like illegal signage,etc. Fines are also not serious enough. So people just break the law because the consequences just aren't that serious enough.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:18 PM

223 posts, read 470,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
I can't give you rep because apparently you were the last person I repped. So rep +1.
Hah, i got a similar message for you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles