Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,804,815 times

Advertisements

Question for all of my single 30somethings in Los Angeles....Curious. What is a typical routine that most of you do you leave the 9 to 5.... Personally I would think in a city like Los Angeles, the selection of things to do would be endless....Where I from..it's the same "humdrum' of things to do......go to the gym or go home....Just curious.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 07:48 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
For most people it is

And possibly this

Or maybe run some errands or stop at the doctor

then this

Last edited by Charles; 07-22-2010 at 08:35 AM..

Old 07-22-2010, 08:01 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,804,815 times
Love the sarcasm Charles.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:32 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Love the sarcasm Charles.
It's not sarcasm. People in Los Angeles are just like people elsewhere.

Think about it. You get up, have coffee, go online, teeth, shower, dress, make your lunch, grab a bagel, get in your car, deal with a commute, get to work, deal with work, leave work, deal with traffic, go to the doctor or car repair or DMV or grocery store, go to the gym, stop at a fast food joint or get home and throw a dinner together, look for a lost remote, call about some bills, wait on hold, write a birthday card to Aunt Lorraine, post on City-Data, open your new package from UPS, answer a phone call, feed the dog, do a load of laundry, watch TV, take a shower, brush your teeth, call your snuggly-wuggly on the phone, go to sleep. Repeat.

A day in LA isn't much different than a day in Milwaukee. Just better weather and higher housing prices and more traffic.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 AM

63 posts, read 197,275 times
Typical day after work is sit in traffic for 2 hrs, then drag yourself to the gym b/c your so tired from sitting in traffic, go home catch the news and go to bed cause you gotta get up early to beat the traffic to work...

Here is the alternative, get off work, live down the street, so you don't have to deal with traffic, walk to a local happy hour spot with your friends who also live in the neighborhood and hang out till the late nigt, and since you live down the street from work, you can get that extra two hrs sleep.... this scenario is possible but not probable for most...

Third scenario: realize how endless and boring a life LA produces for most and move some where else where you can actually live like I described above, but then again I was jaded with life in LA..

Old 07-22-2010, 09:32 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,878 times
I work downtown and live on the westside, so I definitely hit the gym a few days a week to avoid sitting in traffic. Plus, it's great to get a good workout, see people, females, etc. Basically a win-win. But on days like that, by the time I get home and have dinner and do a little internet/TV, it's pretty much time to sleep...and the next day starts again.

I'm at the grocery store pretty often too, maybe 3-4 times a week in the evenings.

I usually only go to happy hours on Thursdays, if I do go.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,190,547 times
although i'm not quite 30, i don't lead the most exciting life, but i enjoy it. i'm only 10-15 minutes from work, so when i get home there's usually still plenty of time to go for a run or a bike ride for an hour or so. after that, it's dinner (usually at home during the week), internet, and TV until bedtime (11-1130). then i get up and do it all over again. i used to go to happy hour a lot more, but i been holding back due to my triathlon training over the last few years. anyways, friday night is always out to dinner, sometimes with a few drinks afterwards.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Question for all of my single 30somethings in Los Angeles....Curious. What is a typical routine that most of you do you leave the 9 to 5.... Personally I would think in a city like Los Angeles, the selection of things to do would be endless....Where I from..it's the same "humdrum' of things to do......go to the gym or go home....Just curious.....
Well everyone here has amazing, exciting, fulfilling jobs that pay a fortune. Then after work, if you can really call it that, its either mountain climbing, surfing, bungee jumping, wrestling mountain lions, or off-roading in the desert. Then its off in the limo to the most expensive 5 star restaurant in town for dinner. After that, its usually crazy wild sex with a different super model every night. Sometimes for fun, we'll jet off to Vegas in our personal Gulfstream 5 for a bit of gambling. Any of life's more boring tasks are taken care of by a staff of illegal aliens who work for $5/day each. I have 10 of them but some people have more.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:54 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,810,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Well everyone here has amazing, exciting, fulfilling jobs that pay a fortune. Then after work, if you can really call it that, its either mountain climbing, surfing, bungee jumping, wrestling mountain lions, or off-roading in the desert. Then its off in the limo to the most expensive 5 star restaurant in town for dinner. After that, its usually crazy wild sex with a different super model every night. Sometimes for fun, we'll jet off to Vegas in our personal Gulfstream 5 for a bit of gambling. Any of life's more boring tasks are taken care of by a staff of illegal aliens who work for $5/day each. I have 10 of them but some people have more.
Yes! I got so worn out by my daily life in L.A. I had to move.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:13 AM

97 posts, read 260,459 times
Wow, was the sarcasm over such a simple question really necessary? Some people truly are curious as to how other people live and don't mean any harm by it. Geesh. I love to ask people about their routine in juggling work and kids. Luckily I was never clowned for asking like some of you are doing the OP.

Anyway, OP, my cousin is single living in LA right off the Wilshire bus line. She's a dental assistant and student in ther 30's with no children and the sporadic online boyfriend. She works, goes to school and returns home exhausted. Most nights she grabs something to eat on her way home but sometimes she cooks. On rare occassions she hits the club with her girls or goes to Happy hour at El Torritos (1.00 tacos yum). Sometimes she hangs out with my family and goes to the beach or the pier. Everything is really expensive out here so one has to keep a close eye on the pocketbook and wallet. I'm sure there are some who live an exciting lifestyle every day out here but they're probably well off or con artists. The average person has too many responsibilities to party day after day. Her single apartment is over 900.00 bucks so even the single (especially without roommates) have expenses.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles