Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:44 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Sounds to me like you got some bad advice. Racial indicators for neighborhood quality aren't valid here. You want to look more at average income. Areas with higher earners are going to demand better schools for their kids, safer neighborhoods, and more amenities. It's not about race here.

That's not to say there isn't racism here, there is. But you're doing it wrong and your question offends most of us and should offend all of us. Please stay where you are. You won't do well here even in an all white area because the all white areas you seek won't welcome you since you're not white.
This.

I seem to remember doing some research for a thread a few years back, and found that the only 90%+ white census tract in all of LA County was a Jewish area of the Fairfax district.

It offends me most anytime people ask for racial/ethnic recommendations, because I could be excluded from their recommendation, which isn't fair, because why wouldn't people want to live around me?

But then again, why would I want people like that to live around me?

Old 08-18-2014, 05:09 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,797,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
However, when someone asks where the white community is, people get offended and butthurt. OP's post did come off as creepy and trollish but maybe he's serious. Just my 2 cents.
You made it sound like a white thing, when actually it was the attack on homosexuality why people got "butt hurt" as you described. I get the OP is possibly from Europe and has reasons or life experience to want to be around white Americans people. Maybe they aren't familiar with American history but whatever. I was waiting of the OP to return. Before replying.

If you don't want your children to exposed to that "sin" you should not move to California. People come to California for its tolerant people. It is also common in regular television. It is also hot in Van Nuys and you will see people parade around exposing flesh, would you have issues with that? Your views would be more in inline with the area of America known as the Bible Belt. Although you'll likely find more racism there. Recently a black family was chased out of a predominantly white neighborhood and their house and car was vandalized in Orange County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM

555 posts, read 802,936 times
David:
I've wondered about that too. If some community doesn't want white, straight guys there---why would I want to move into it?

Maybe it's like Groucho Marx used to say: "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!"

Old 08-18-2014, 06:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
David:
I've wondered about that too. If some community doesn't want white, straight guys there---why would I want to move into it?

Maybe it's like Groucho Marx used to say: "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!"
I always live by "you don't know until you find out".

I've been terrified of places I've come to love, and felt left out in places I'm supposed to fit in. So everybody and everywhere gets a shot.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,242 times
The lesson is, don't **** off the gays, it's like, on no you di'nt! :lol:

Old 08-19-2014, 06:28 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,132,455 times
Let's face it, there is no way a conservative and judgemental family like this will fit in ANYWHERE in LA County. No gays? Whites only? Too much sin? This won't end well for the OP regardless oh whereever they decide to wall themselves off from the rest of the community. It's truely a joke type post, and their budget is laughable, they think they can afford to picky on 1800 a month for a house, when there are Black, Hispanic and Gay areas they can't even afford on that whimsical budget.

People can pick and choose any area based on any criteria, but the whole judgemental, close-minded and arrogant attitude where they alienate 70% of the county's population off the bat isn't going to earn them a warm welcome with open arms. This is just a silly post and it deserves silly answers, like my first reply. This follow-up is just for the other posters who didn't get that.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,237 times
Why don't you move to a church so you can find the teaching and love you cant find anywhere else.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:03 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,829,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotprincess View Post
The middle school in my neighborhood is not white. It's light green with dark green trim.
Best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
OP, Chelito is messing with you. West Hollywood is the gayest city in L.A.

Really, just because the OP prefers to live among certain demographics is no reason to hate on her. On another thread, a Jewish guy asked about Jewish neighborhoods, and most people were helpful, rather than hating on a Jew for wanting to live amid other Jews.

And if a gay person asked where were the gay areas, people, again, would be helpful rather than hating on that person.
Pretty sure that Jewish OP, didn't say it was a sin to be non-Jewish or that blacks led to crappy schools. Read the context of what they are saying and maybe you'll comprehend why people are responding the way they are.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:33 AM

205 posts, read 409,254 times
Move to Sweden

Old 08-23-2014, 02:56 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Let's face it, there is no way a conservative and judgemental family like this will fit in ANYWHERE in LA County. No gays? Whites only? Too much sin? This won't end well for the OP regardless oh whereever they decide to wall themselves off from the rest of the community. It's truely a joke type post, and their budget is laughable, they think they can afford to picky on 1800 a month for a house, when there are Black, Hispanic and Gay areas they can't even afford on that whimsical budget.

People can pick and choose any area based on any criteria, but the whole judgemental, close-minded and arrogant attitude where they alienate 70% of the county's population off the bat isn't going to earn them a warm welcome with open arms. This is just a silly post and it deserves silly answers, like my first reply. This follow-up is just for the other posters who didn't get that.
You are naive if you think there aren't people like that here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles