Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 12:25 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times

Advertisements

Coast to Coast - Love some shows, but hate the ones about ghosts, UFO's or Bigfoot.

Gary Hoffman - Don't listen, don't care.

Bill Handel - I like Handel on the Law somewhat, but I NEVER listen to his weekday show because Mac-Daddy is on KABC. Mac is the Emperor of talk radio. Period.

Bill Carroll - He's okay.

Thompson & Espinosa - Boring, simplistic, goofy, tabloid-style radio.

John & Ken - Love these guys. They expose almost all the scumbags in city, county, state, and federal government. Want to know why CA sucks? They'll tell you who's behind it and why.

Tim Conway Jr - He's okay at times, but a bit pedestrian. Furthermore, I do not give a damn about horse racing. I'd rather listen to a foreign language station than hear Conway talk about "betting the ponies".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 01:50 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times
[quote=Voyageuse;38954807]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'm a religious type and I really enjoy the Jesus show. It clarifies a lot of things for me that 16 years of Catholic school did not.
I've heard every episode of the Jesus Christ Show since mid-2006. I still have all those podcasts. Saavedra is sometimes insightful -- but he also misleads. Despite claiming to not take denominational sides, there's an evangelical/dispensationalist slant to his views.

Thus, I'd be wary of Catholics (which I am) giving too much heed to Saavedra's views.

For instance, he always says the Bible contains "66 books." NOT. Most Protestant Bibles contain 66 books. The Catholic Bible, and many Eastern Orthodox Bibles, contain 73 books. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church has 81 books (the most of any Christian church).

I've never heard Saavedra qualify his statement by saying "the Bible is a collection of 66 to 81 books").

He should state his bias, rather than claiming to teach the things that "all Christians" believe.

Saavedra is not "clarifying" things that Catholic school never taught you. If you weren't taught some of the things Saavedra says, it's because the Catholic church doesn't accept it.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Good grief, I hope this thread doesn't waver off onto a religious debate , we have a forum for that already, I'm curious to hear others take on the KFI station in general, not hearing about how many books are in the Christian faith.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:34 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
[quote=Cinema Cat;38963924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageuse View Post

I've heard every episode of the Jesus Christ Show since mid-2006. I still have all those podcasts. Saavedra is sometimes insightful -- but he also misleads. Despite claiming to not take denominational sides, there's an evangelical/dispensationalist slant to his views.

Thus, I'd be wary of Catholics (which I am) giving too much heed to Saavedra's views.

For instance, he always says the Bible contains "66 books." NOT. Most Protestant Bibles contain 66 books. The Catholic Bible, and many Eastern Orthodox Bibles, contain 73 books. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church has 81 books (the most of any Christian church).

I've never heard Saavedra qualify his statement by saying "the Bible is a collection of 66 to 81 books").

He should state his bias, rather than claiming to teach the things that "all Christians" believe.

Saavedra is not "clarifying" things that Catholic school never taught you. If you weren't taught some of the things Saavedra says, it's because the Catholic church doesn't accept it.
FYI you quoted the wrong person. I did not say what you quoted.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:53 AM

245 posts, read 382,480 times
I use to listen to Coast to Coast on a daily basis since the mid 90's when Art Bell was at the helm. Sometimes I listen to the show now but now the show just puts me to sleep. I might listen to John & Ken for a few minutes when I'm driving they are mildly entertaining.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:26 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irco View Post
I use to listen to Coast to Coast on a daily basis since the mid 90's when Art Bell was at the helm. Sometimes I listen to the show now but now the show just puts me to sleep. I might listen to John & Ken for a few minutes when I'm driving they are mildly entertaining.
I miss John B. Wells. He was a great host, and I will never forgive Noory for condoning his dismissal.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:45 PM

384 posts, read 734,630 times
I like coast to coast and jon & ken.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:27 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,638 times
jon and ken are the two biggest bozos on the radio. Are they still denying climate change?

Old 03-27-2015, 06:52 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Climate Change is a religious cult fevor to Democrats.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:44 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Updating this thread to show my annoyance for "Sundays with Shannon". I guess there is a reason she is on Sundays at 7am or whatever. She does this top 10 everyweek and it is nowhere near listenable. She laughs uncontrollably at herself nonstop while telling the top 10 stories of the week. Currently about a fat tiger not being able to get any lovin' because it's too fat. I think dead air would be preferable to this show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles