Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 03:27 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Consider the source - one of the foremost practitioners of dirty politics and negative smears in California. He got his start as a Woo staffer before becoming Gray Davis' attack dog. He made some anti-Catholic remarks about Riordan, not wise in a city where the Roman Catholic Church is the largest religious group. He's about as unbiased as Rush Limbaugh would be about Obama or as Ed Shultz would be about Ted Cruz.
We know you are on Riordan's payroll defending him. BTW his legacy for most in El A is he is a bigot and racist. Those ads during the campaign were downright racist innuendo. May karma strike him hard one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 04:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
We know you are on Riordan's payroll defending him. BTW his legacy for most in El A is he is a bigot and racist. Those ads during the campaign were downright racist innuendo. May karma strike him hard one day.
I never worked for Riordan although I've met him and like him.
The second best mayor of L.A. in my lifetime next to Bradley. Flawed in office, but generally a good guy and likeable guy.
He's definitely not a bigot nor a racist, and I don't know anyone who considers him one. Even the far left crowd, who are not fans of his, never thought he was racist. The closest to a racist of any L.A. mayors of the last 40 years was Hahn, who actually engaged in nativist racial demagoguery in his 2001 campaign, and I don't think he was a racist either. Just an opportunist. (Coincidentally, Garry South worked for Hahn, if I remember correctly.) Villaraigosa's not a racist either, nor is Garcetti. You'd have to go back to Yorty and his predecessors to find a bigot in City Hall.
In general Riordan has a pretty good reputation among Angelenos. Maybe in your mythical "El A" people don't like him, but he's generally well liked in Los Angeles.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:41 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Systemic racism? LOL. Not this noise again. Get a job and get off welfare. That's all you need to do. Instead, you'll whine and moan about injustice while I'm busting my ass to feed you and your seven kids by seven different men. You want respect? Earn it. No one gives a s**t about your skin color or what your ancestors endured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
These riots are not because of race or gangs. They are sparked by outside influences. They are led by leftist, anarchist groups from outside the community that see an opportunity. These are the same groups that show up in every city where there is unrest to further their own political interests and with no regard to the communities and unfortunately the poor, uneducated people that live in these communities are too stupid to realize that and go along like sheep and "protest" by destroying the communities in which they live. Natural selection at work
The kooks are really coming out of the woodwork.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:00 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,861,352 times
My wife's office closed early due to a demonstration at Fig @ 7th. Anything happen?

Old 04-28-2015, 08:26 PM

39 posts, read 164,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
My wife's office closed early due to a demonstration at Fig @ 7th. Anything happen?
There was 1 dude with a megaphone talking about how the police murder people and it needs to stop. There were about 20-30 people standing around him. This was on the corner only. There were plenty of police just down the street and across the intersection standing by just in case. All the local news vans were parked along the street but it seemed to be a small/tame affair.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:34 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I don't condone any violence nor looting but its smart of them to take it to where it has impact on "white people" rather than their own neighborhood. Took them decades (since Watts riots) to recognize this.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 PM

925 posts, read 1,334,029 times
Some people protested down some street during rush hour and also blocked up the area around staples

Old 04-28-2015, 09:47 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
Quote:
I don't condone any violence nor looting but its smart of them to take it to where it has impact on "white people" rather than their own neighborhood. Took them decades (since Watts riots) to recognize this.
Didn't the rioters destroy their own neighborhoods in the Rodney King riots?

Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,233 times
if they do i hope they march up to the hills and destroy every home there

Old 05-29-2015, 09:06 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:

IMO the spark for the riots is not the gangs. Its decades of institutional racism following the horror of slavery. These things like the awful Freddie Gray murder ignite the injustices of the past. Until this country comes to full terms with its past and not try to sweep it under the rug things will always ignite. I don't condone the response but its my understanding of the reasons for it.
Sharpton, Obama, white liberals and the MSM play you like a fool. They want you to harbor those thoughts so you may act out on them and fulfill their want for a full out race war. Total hate and division in this country, something we had worked close to separating ourselves from, has only increased since the long legged mack daddy has been POTUS. He is licking his chops in glee as he watches the decline of the moral fiber of this once great country. The citizenry of the country was closer to each under Bush and Clinton. SHTF in 2009 and now HRC wants a shot at totally hosing it up?

Woe to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles