Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:24 AM

471 posts, read 600,829 times

Advertisements

Emergency 25% cut in California cities' water use approved - LA Times

The state water board voted to force the arbitrary 25% cuts aimed only at residential and business users that account for less than 10% of the water in the state.

Water board staff scientist Max Gomberg said California residents and businesses used only 3.6% less water in March than they did during the same month in 2013, the baseline year for savings calculations.

The baseline should look at 1990-2000 levels of consumption. There has been a tremendous amount of work done to save water by communities. Per capita use is down substantially, there isn't much more to cut, except cut down all things green, which of course the leftists want to do.

We need to do more,” Gomberg said.

More?!?! Notice not ONE DROP of restriction for Alfalfa or Almond farmers. NOT ONE DROP for agriculture. They'd rather kill every tree in every city before but one Almond exported to China is lost. Absurd. I've heard it said before that the "green" movement was a death cult, this proves it for me. They love destruction, suffering, and death. They haven't done anything that would actually make a significant impact on the water issue, they've focused all their energy on a very tiny percentage of water that comes at a great deal of suffering for many people. Why? I can only conclude because it is political and ideological. It certainly isn't rational.

You watch video from the hearings, you can see the swell of pleasure these leftists get from imposing tyranny on all those "bad" communities. They are in rapturous ecstasy at the thought of sticking it to communities and making them barren.

Never mind that water use is down SUBSTANTIALLY since 1990 on a per capita basis. Leftists want to punish, create suffering, and destruction.

If they cared about water use, they would have hit agriculture, especially, Alfalfa, Almonds, and Pistachios. Instead, they are aimed squarely at the middle class which they hate with a passion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 08:44 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Gotta keep the cash crops going.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:02 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,280 times
Correct. If you're a farmer, a golf course, a municipality, or if the assessed value of your home exceeds seven digits, then these rules simply don't apply to you. For all this talk about "shared efforts" and "sacrifice", the reality is that the "sacrifice" will be dumped squarely and entirely into the lap of the suburban middle class homeowners only. After all, they make the easiest target. Also, since Gov Brown despises that demographic, is anyone really surprised that he is sticking it to them with yet another punitive, regressive law that he passed almost entirely out of raw vindictive spite? Nobody in their right mind should be supporting his saber rattling rhetoric. Unless of course you are one of the exempted classes above or an angry, disgruntled renter who wants a home but has been priced out of the market.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:05 AM

452 posts, read 619,917 times
Told Ya! And it's not stopping here, we are going to conserve precious water down to drops. Every citizen needs to do their part, and lawns are now the first to go.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909er View Post
Told Ya! And it's not stopping here, we are going to conserve precious water down to drops. Every citizen needs to do their part, and lawns are now the first to go.
Except we're not actually conserving, it's a charade. 95% of the water is untouched. Anyone who thinks this is conservation only proves themselves to be a philistine.

Philistines love ugly, hate beauty. Philistines applaud ham fisted tyrannies.

The wealthy will still have their lawns, your jealousy and irrational hatred of beauty will do nothing to hurt money, only those with lesser means.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:08 AM

452 posts, read 619,917 times
Then let them pay their fines with their money.

They will be suppressed, as will you. I told you I was going to call the state, and i did, my efforts are working. All you can do is pay more. Have fun.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:17 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
But they continue to allow houses, apartments, and townhouses to be built.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909er View Post
Then let them pay their fines with their money.

They will be suppressed, as will you. I told you I was going to call the state, and i did, my efforts are working. All you can do is pay more. Have fun.
Obvious troll post, the state did nothing based on you or what you said. I don't even think you actually believe it, you're just getting your jollies trolling.

"Suppressed"? just an envious bitter person who hates freedom, beauty and aesthetics. A person who lives tyranny, by your own words. Jealous of those whi have built civilization and seek to destroy because of an inability to build.

Enjoy the dust heap in the 909

Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Restrictions really need to be placed an how and how much water big agro is using. There are dozens of fields in Central California that are flooded but nothing is planted there. The farmers are just using their allotted water so they don't get a smaller allotment in a few years. Then all of the crops that use massive amounts of water but yield tiny profits need to be regulated as well. Alfalfa is a feed crop and not even a good one so why is more than 10% of the state's water being used to grow it?

Old 05-06-2015, 03:07 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Not that it will make much difference, this is a copy of the email I sent to the board yesterday.

To all board members.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know California is in a very serious water crisis.
Conservation is minimal at best in solving this crisis.
New sources of water are the only thing that is going to let California survive this crisis now, and into the future.

Desalinization of the oceans water is one alternative, and yet there is one other, and the board has failed miserably to at leaste study the feasibility of building a pipeline from the state of Alaska to the desert southwest.
California is not the only state suffering from lack of water.
All of the southwest is in this, along with California.
In the early seventies this was proposed by then governor Hickel of Alaska, and local , and the state boards turned a blind eye.

Had they acted on that proposal back then, we would not be where we are today with the current water crisis.
Governor Hickel had plans drawn up, and knew exactly what rivers in his state would be the source of the water supply for California.
The board seemed to have no interest in the proposal.
I say it is high time the members of the water resources board look seriously at this proposal, before the state runs out of water.

It is more than obvious to me, and many people of California that government officials, including the governor, have their priorities mixed up.
We need a bullet train like I need four legs.
The money spent on that ridiculous train could be better spent making sure California has adequate water for its people in years ahead.
Without water, there will be no people living in the state, and who would be riding this bullet train then?
Get with it people.

You have been given the responsibility of managing water in the state, and the time is now, to act on legislation that will guarantee water for the state, long into the future.
You really need to look into this pipe line.
I know it won’t be built over night ,nor perhaps in my lifetime , as I am pushing eighty, but for generation that follow, there needs to be adequate water to sustain life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles