Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 09:14 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I don't get this obsession with In N Out. I went last night for the first time in a while. Sure my double double animal style was delicious for a fast food burger but the fries always suck no matter how well done. Fries taste like bland cardboard. For a few bucks more Habit burgers are better, fries are much better plus free ranch, chili peppers, jalapeños, pepperoncini, hot sauces, malt vinegar etc. And the have onion rings, can add bacon etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 09:20 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Even the burgers at In-N-Out taste terrible to me. Habit is great, though.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:29 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
In-N-Out is better than any other fast food chain in California, let alone Los Angeles.

The fries at In-N-Out are cut up potatoes put into a fryer. Simple as that. Most people who don't like In-N-Out's fries are used to eating chemically-treated. Put some salt on In-N-Out's fries or get them Animal Style, and they're great.

We one thing we Californians love about In-N-Out is the simplicity of the menu, a menu that hasn't changed in over 60 years. In-N-Out is part of the California culture, and I've noticed it's hard for those who did not grow up in California to understand that, in general.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:30 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,911 times
Habit is a bit more expensive, but much tastier than In-N-Out. Higher quality, less oily, and better prep than In-N-Out's food.

In-N-Out wins in price and accessibility. The food is good in its own way.

Doesn't matter... I live within a 5-mile radius of like 3 In-N-Outs and 3 Habits.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:36 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
We one thing we Californians love about In-N-Out is the simplicity of the menu, a menu that hasn't changed in over 60 years. In-N-Out is part of the California culture, and I've noticed it's hard for those who did not grow up in California to understand that, in general.
The Habit is also a Californian chain. You can still eat at the first Habit in Downtown Santa Barbara.

https://www.habitburger.com/about-us/

Old 02-07-2016, 09:38 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
California is blessed to have multiple good choices to pick from in terms of burgers, such as In-N-Out, The Habit, Fatburger, etc. I honestly feel sorry for those who have no other options besides McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., etc. Anytime I see someone rave about Jack-in-the-Box or Wendy's, I get the impression they're not from and don't live in California.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
California is blessed to have multiple good choices to pick from in terms of burgers, such as In-N-Out, The Habit, Fatburger, etc. I honestly feel sorry for those who have no other options besides McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., etc. Anytime I see someone rave about Jack-in-the-Box or Wendy's, I get the impression they're not from and don't live in California.
California is not unique in that aspect. Let's not kid ourselves.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:02 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,993,497 times
gotta get the fries well-done

Old 02-07-2016, 10:03 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,993,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Sometimes I don't get this obsession with In N Out. I went last night for the first time in a while. Sure my double double animal style was delicious for a fast food burger but the fries always suck no matter how well done. Fries taste like bland cardboard. For a few bucks more Habit burgers are better, fries are much better plus free ranch, chili peppers, jalapeños, pepperoncini, hot sauces, malt vinegar etc. And the have onion rings, can add bacon etc
I feel the same about Whataburger.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:05 AM

23,540 posts, read 24,041,250 times
In-N-Out has a simple, basic menu that's been successful and unchanged for years. Ate my first In-N-Out in 1988 (La Habra?) and have never looked back. Always consistent in food, service and quality.

The Habit is also delicious, but definitely has more selection. Just ate at my first Habit a few years ago. Love the onion rings option!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles