Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2016, 01:24 AM

1 posts, read 702 times

Advertisements

I have dentist insurance, not much, these days I had a tooth sour, and before this my previous dentist advised me to do a root canal for one of my bridge teeth, so I went to a dentist close to my house looking for help, then he advised me to extract the one needed root canal and go implant, his nurse checked my insurance and said they can go 1500 copay after insurance coverage, and I was out of mind, and without thinking, I agreed and the dentist did extraction immediately that day. today I went back to follow up, the nurse told me after she called the insurance company, insurance company said they would't cover any implant, then she told me I have to pay 8000 for all the procedure including 2 implants and 1 crowns, total three teeth, because the one extracted was the one hold the bridge, it is gone, the bridge gone too, so I need two implants. I lost my mind again, and signed the contract, pay the money after negotiation. After back home, I felt bad.

Can I go back and say no to them and ask for compensation? First because I feel I may not need extraction at all, second whatever about the insurance, the nurse sounds like not right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 11:06 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,340 times
Cancel the contract if you want. Contact your insurer to confirm benefits, and shop other dentists.
$8000 with a quality dentist doesn't sound overpriced.

Old 06-18-2016, 03:33 PM

59 posts, read 82,375 times
What does the contract exactly say? Does it spell out that you pay the co-pay and the insurance covers the rest? If so, hold them to it, or sue them. They harmed you by extracting the one tooth under false pretenses. You need to be able to back up whatever the nurse said to you. It could be it was intentional or a mistake but either way, they're wrong and you're right.

:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles