Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 08:44 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,457,515 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I am taking a couple days to bring the wife to L.A. just for fun and to check out the city. The first full day we already have planned going to Six Flags Valencia. The second day she wanted me to bring her to los callejones on Santee Street and check that out and buy clothes or whatever. So my question is: Being that we have never been to L.A. before, what is some other cool stuff we could do in L.A. after we get done with los callejones? Preferably something close by there, something where we could really experience the city for the rest of the day before we have to drive back to Phoenix.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, gracias in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 08:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,679,022 times
Well since you're downtown your second day, you could drive over to Hollywood which isn't far, perhaps go up to Griffith Park Observatory as well. It depends on what you enjoy doing. Since you live in Phoenix maybe take a drive to Santa Monica and see the Pacific.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:30 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,695,729 times
Griffith Park Observatory is a good choice. I think you can see the Hollywood sign from there.
Hollywood is a bust. Just a cluster **** of traffic, tourists and homeless walking around on Hollywood Blvd from gift shop to gift shop and no place to park for less than about $10 these days. Check out the Santa Monica pier and 3rd Street Promenade. At least Santa Monica isn't a dump like Hollywood.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:44 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,706,920 times
I also agree with Griffith. It's free and only headache maybe getting parking but in 2 visits I've had no problems. It will give you a view of the Hollywood Sign and distant views of downtown areas.

You could check out Santa Monica and probably get something to eat there. Parking is ideal price. Some of the parking garages also give you a great view (up top) of the pier. Which the pier is another thing you could check out.

I don't know how long it takes but Venice Beach is further South while Malibu area is further North. Might not be ideal for the time you have but it's something to do if you just wanna drive.

You could always take a drive through Hollywood Hills too and check out the houses there. I always found it interested because they are so different.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:59 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,105,009 times
Tip for visiting Griffith Observatory: Hike up to it, if you can. Park around The Greek theater and hike the dusty trails from just south of The Greek. This way you can enjoy not only the hike and quiet views that come with it, but you can also avoid the insane parking situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles