Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 7,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olalde77 View Post
I have a home in Lancaster CA that I want to make available for section 8. If anyone has the telephone number and address for me to begin the application/inspection process, I would be grateful. I've tried a couple different numbers the city provided, but they aren't valid numbers.

Thanks.

Gee thanks. Have any of you owners thought about the crap you have brought to the neighbor"HOODs" that your Sec8 homes are in. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 06:28 PM

3 posts, read 11,432 times
Default section 8

Please no more section 8. We have enough of them as it is!! Most ( not all ) of the people on section 8 don't care about you or your property ( your investment ) I have seen my share of section 8 renters come in and out of a few homes on my block to tell you the homes were trashed and the landlord was stuck trying to get them out. The majority of people on section 8 bring other people to live in the house and some others work and are defrauding the system. The people who need the help can't get it since they work but can't afford to move their family out of the crapy neighborhoods. Rent to a family who you feel will treat your house like their own and you will both benefit from things.Ask some of the homeowners around the house how they feel about section 8 tenants next to them and you will be able to make the right decision on what to do with the house. I want to get most of the section 8 out of my neighborhood the vandalisim has gotten worse since a few more properties have gone section 8 and to tell you the truth I'm tired of it! All its ( section 8 ) is doing is bringing more crime to our town. If you do section the house please do a back ground check and make sure its a good tenant and its not just a check coming in because those are the ones ( just a check )that will destroy your property and not pay you.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:51 PM

30 posts, read 107,350 times
Section 8 is bad news for neighborhood quality, respect and safety.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:19 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsunspoken View Post
Section 8 is bad news for neighborhood quality, respect and safety.
Well, there is a push to increase Section 8 Vouchers and also to make it illegal for Property Owners to discriminate against Voucher Holders...

Section 8 Vouchers are good anywhere in the Country

Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM

7 posts, read 30,053 times
I hope you Section 8 landlords lose your A** in the real estate market.

Thanks to you slumlords for running down our neighborhoods.

Your day will come. What comes around goes around.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,402 times
Default Ignorance.

Wow this is difinitely a comment of ignorance. What does Section 8 housing have to do with trash on the sides of the house, yards that look terrible, dead cars etc., so are you suggesting that the only homes that have this problems are ones that are being rented to section 8 tenants? Or could it very well be that homes that do not have section 8 tenants also have these very concerns. Have you viewed the areas that are properly taken care of by section 8 tenants, or do you feel more comfortable with prejiduce against section 8 tenants. What you have obviously failed to realize is that familes that need the assistance of section 8 are humans just as you, furthermore you can not catergorize the program or the people in the program by a few visible dislikes of your own. Who's to say that your yard is the best or that you don't have issues of your own. Stop always pointing the finger because the thumb is always pointing back at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdaleresident View Post
Great!

Too many section 8 houses are the downfall of the AV. Trash on the sides of the house... yards that look terrible... dead cars.... booming music.... police cars.... lovely. I'm sure you don't live there and just want to rent your house out. I understand. The checks will look good in your mailbox I'm sure.

GL

Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 AM

7 posts, read 30,053 times
Yes

Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 AM

21 posts, read 66,049 times
I think they're referring to this...

Section 8 Is Broken: when badly managed, voucher program doesn't deliver housing choice

Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 AM

637 posts, read 3,236,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBosley View Post
Wow this is difinitely a comment of ignorance. What does Section 8 housing have to do with trash on the sides of the house, yards that look terrible, dead cars etc., so are you suggesting that the only homes that have this problems are ones that are being rented to section 8 tenants? Or could it very well be that homes that do not have section 8 tenants also have these very concerns. Have you viewed the areas that are properly taken care of by section 8 tenants, or do you feel more comfortable with prejiduce against section 8 tenants. What you have obviously failed to realize is that familes that need the assistance of section 8 are humans just as you, furthermore you can not catergorize the program or the people in the program by a few visible dislikes of your own. Who's to say that your yard is the best or that you don't have issues of your own. Stop always pointing the finger because the thumb is always pointing back at you.

If you truly believe this then you should go live next door to one of them, or at the very least in a neighborhood that has an abundance of them. You could certainly save a ton of $ on your housing cost..

Old 12-11-2008, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,264 times
Default Rent you house

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogkc View Post
I am trying to rent the house in Palmdale, CA. I am getting many inquires from Section 8 families.

I am just being cautious when renting out. I just want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages when letting Section 8 people rent the house.

Hope to hear from the people who are renting to Section 8 families.

Thanks in Advance

Hi, my name is Jennifer, I am from Oklahoma and needing to relocate to Palmdale for school. I have 2 teenage girls. I don't know how many bedrooms this house is but if you can email me [EMAIL="jescallan@yahoo"]jescallan@yahoo[/EMAIL] and send me pics of the house. We are very neat and respectfull family. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles