Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 10:06 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Well....... for starters, although I view myself as an Independent, I'm actually a registered republican (socially liberal, fiscally conservative).....
Secondly, who was equating conservative whites to rednecks????? He asked if San Diego was more conservative than LA and SF and I simply said it absolutely is, which is true. Not once in this thread has anyone equated white conservatives as rednecks. Just because someone is conservative doesn't mean they are intolerant (and I think a lot of people realize that).
Then we are on the same page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 01:28 AM

427 posts, read 499,780 times
The people that move to LA from elsewhere in the country tend to be white. I'm an example of this.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
This conservative vs. liberal thing is utter nonsense in California. For example, whites are much more tolerant of gays than Hispanics, blacks, etc. Look at the results for Prop 8 years ago. Whites are far more fiscally conservative yet get smeared with this ridiculous redneck label.
People who take their heads out of the sand should know you are right: when it comes to accepting gays anyway or any alternative life style, whether it is sexual orientation, religion or even race, for that matter.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:40 AM

977 posts, read 1,010,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
This conservative vs. liberal thing is utter nonsense in California. For example, whites are much more tolerant of gays than Hispanics, blacks, etc. Look at the results for Prop 8 years ago. Whites are far more fiscally conservative yet get smeared with this ridiculous redneck label.
I agree with this so much! What other races goes around saying they need "diversity" so there is less of their own! Every country that legalized gay marriage is white expect for South Africa.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:16 AM

762 posts, read 610,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianreligions View Post
I think you might be right...

Where exactly?
sdlife pretty much got it right. Most of San Diego is practically Mexico but you will still see white people throughout San Diego County even in ghetto type of areas. The only neighborhoods in San Diego to me that seemed mainly white I would say are Pacific Beach, UTC, Point Loma, Ocean Beach, Mission Valley, Kensington, La Jolla, pretty much all of North County, Hillcrest (West Hollywood of San Diego), San Carlos, and Allied Gardens. Diverse areas-Normal Heights, the part where USD is (forgot the name of it), University Heights, La Mesa, El Cajon, Santee, Claremont Mesa, Spring Valley, North Park, South Park, Downtown, and College area. Mainly Hispanic (but again you will still see whites here)- Rolando Park, Oceanside, Logan Heights, National City, Shelltown, City Heights, Imperial Beach, San Ysidro (actually you won't see whites here lol), most neighborhoods off El Cajon Blvd, and that's what I got right now. I'm not basing this off any stats. It's just observation only. I wouldn't want to live in most of the Hispanic areas but many are getting gentrified. I actually really like Oceanside and Imperial Beach. There was an article written maybe 5 years ago that said Imperial Beach is the only place in CA where you can buy an oceanfront property for under $1 million. May not be true today. When I moved back to San Diego, I considered Imperial Beach (you get more bang for your $$), but I would have had a rough commute. I live in La Mesa in a neighborhood I would consider to be maybe like West Hills. La Mesa though to me has a small area that is really nice (where I live) but then the rest of it feels like Canoga Park or Reseda. Although San Diego overall is considered conservative, I think it's changing especially if we don't do more to solve the illegal immigration problem (not trying to get political here).

Old 08-15-2016, 09:29 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
I agree with this so much! What other races goes around saying they need "diversity" so there is less of their own! Every country that legalized gay marriage is white expect for South Africa.
South Africa is not a White country.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:41 AM

44 posts, read 79,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackInAtlanta View Post
Nobody answered me really. A lot of Hollywood white people are republican?

Wat about Persians and Armenians? Say some racist people are talkin smack about white people and a Persian or Armeni hears it would they be offended cause they white?
The vast, vast majority of Hollywood people, regardless of race, are far left/Democrat. There are a handful of Republicans in Hollywood and they are generally disliked because of their political beliefs

Old 08-15-2016, 10:54 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackInAtlanta View Post
Nobody answered me really. A lot of Hollywood white people are republican?

Wat about Persians and Armenians? Say some racist people are talkin smack about white people and a Persian or Armeni hears it would they be offended cause they white?
Not many Republicans in L.A. For all of L.A.'s ethnic and racial diversity there is very little political diversity.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:55 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
South Africa is not a White country.
Uh, I think he acknowledged that.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:58 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Mexico isn't white majority and has legalized gay marriage, although that's a recent thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles