Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 04:27 AM

44 posts, read 41,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
in San Diego, they are everywhere, even in the worst of neighborhoods.
I think you might be right...

Where exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 04:58 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
Quote:
I think you might be right...

Where exactly?

The Mid-City area which is East San Diego, places like Rolando, Oak Park, College Area, and City Heights (Very diverse with people of all ethnicities living there but very run down and is pretty ghetto). North Park (used to be more diverse but has gentrified and now all the black and brown folks are gone), Normal Heights (same thing as North Park but it is less trendy and hipsterish, used to be more diverse 10 years ago).

And other neighborhoods that are South of the 8 and 5 freeways such as South and SouthEast SD you'll see White people, not as many however. This area is the most ethnically diverse yet the poorest sections in all of SD. Even neighborhoods that used to be strictly Mexican/Latino are starting to see more and more Whites moving in. Barrio Logan in SD is a perfect example. Upper class Whites are starting to buy some of the older homes in the "hood", and are fixing them up with brand new BMW and Benzez parked in the driveway. While you have some Chicano with his lowrider right next door to him It just looks weird now, and it is ruining the neighborhood's culture and way of life.

Thank god Chicano Park has been designated historic, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see all these new White people that moved in complaining about all the murals under the Coronado bridge being considered "graffiti" and wanting the city to paint over it. Because knowing yuppies, that's how they act. Even Lowriders parked on the street will probably be an eyesore for them.

Gentrification has and will continue to Whitewash San Diego for years to come, and it's been happening for awhile now, and it is just barely getting started in the most impoverished communities surrounding our Downtown.

At least in L.A., you guys up there have like a million different neighborhoods to move to if gentrification ravages a certain community, we are very limited to where we can move down here. So a gentrified SouthEast San Diego pretty much would seal the deal as far as the poor and working class no longer being able to afford to live in SD, period.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:53 AM

44 posts, read 41,871 times
Quote:
And other neighborhoods that are South of the 8 and 5 freeways such as South and SouthEast SD you'll see White people, not as many however. This area is the most ethnically diverse yet the poorest sections in all of SD.
So area around linda vista and mission valley are one of those neighborhoods?

Last edited by christianreligions; 08-13-2016 at 06:05 AM..

Old 08-13-2016, 08:06 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,918,635 times
Quote:
The Mid-City area which is East San Diego, places like Rolando, Oak Park, College Area, and City Heights (Very diverse with people of all ethnicities living there but very run down and is pretty ghetto). North Park (used to be more diverse but has gentrified and now all the black and brown folks are gone), Normal Heights (same thing as North Park but it is less trendy and hipsterish, used to be more diverse 10 years ago).

And other neighborhoods that are South of the 8 and 5 freeways such as South and SouthEast SD you'll see White people, not as many however. This area is the most ethnically diverse yet the poorest sections in all of SD. Even neighborhoods that used to be strictly Mexican/Latino are starting to see more and more Whites moving in. Barrio Logan in SD is a perfect example. Upper class Whites are starting to buy some of the older homes in the "hood", and are fixing them up with brand new BMW and Benzez parked in the driveway. While you have some Chicano with his lowrider right next door to him It just looks weird now, and it is ruining the neighborhood's culture and way of life.

Thank god Chicano Park has been designated historic, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see all these new White people that moved in complaining about all the murals under the Coronado bridge being considered "graffiti" and wanting the city to paint over it. Because knowing yuppies, that's how they act. Even Lowriders parked on the street will probably be an eyesore for them.

Gentrification has and will continue to Whitewash San Diego for years to come, and it's been happening for awhile now, and it is just barely getting started in the most impoverished communities surrounding our Downtown.

At least in L.A., you guys up there have like a million different neighborhoods to move to if gentrification ravages a certain community, we are very limited to where we can move down here. So a gentrified SouthEast San Diego pretty much would seal the deal as far as the poor and working class no longer being able to afford to live in SD, period.
What goes around comes around, it's not like poor brown people turned dozens of once-nice neighborhoods in LA and SD to crap

Old 08-13-2016, 12:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Yeah - the mexicans and liberal criminals in the govt stole our state and ran up a 400 billion dollar deposit. It is time to form a government in exile and start planning to take it back!
Taking back something that was never yours to begin with? Good luck with that...

Old 08-13-2016, 01:00 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
I think it is a secret! shhhh.....

Old 08-13-2016, 02:10 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Taking back something that was never yours to begin with? Good luck with that...
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Right???

Old 08-13-2016, 06:36 PM

508 posts, read 504,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackInAtlanta View Post
Are Caucasians in southern Cali specifically LA metro more liberal or conservative?

California is much much much more conservative than anywhere in GA. Especially Los Angeles. We call them corvette conservatives. They are especially popular around the Hollywood Elite circles who would never vote democrat. EVER!

Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:48 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
California is much much much more conservative than anywhere in GA. Especially Los Angeles. We call them corvette conservatives. They are especially popular around the Hollywood Elite circles who would never vote democrat. EVER!

Trust me. I'm a doctor.
I guffawed at this post...at least I did in my mind.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:32 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post

Trust me. I'm a doctor.
Lol is that sarcasm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles