Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 12:12 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,869 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what is going to happen to the westfield promenade mall property? I have heard rumors of a hotel and condos. What will happen to the restuarants and amc move theater at westfield promenade??

Woodland Hills could use another hotel. The hilton and marriott are usually full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 03:42 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Well, there is certainly no need for additional retail, so I've been guessing condos. I suppose a hotel would work too. As for the AMC, it will be closing, Westfield recently bought the building. The Sears at Topanga Mall will become a theater. It's hard to tell where the restaurants will end up. It's a big site, so they could possibly have a strip of restaurants to service hotel patrons.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:47 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Don't you have malls in Seattle? You seem obsessed with San Fernando Valley retail...????

Old 09-23-2016, 04:07 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,099,341 times
Whatever they do, I hope Supercar Sunday is welcome to stay.

I attended SS earlier in the month and strolled through the mall. It was like stepping through a vortex into a 1970's ghost town.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Don't you have malls in Seattle? You seem obsessed with San Fernando Valley retail...????
I grew up in the san fernando valley. I still have friends and family in the valley

Old 09-23-2016, 08:37 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
Whatever they do, I hope Supercar Sunday is welcome to stay.

I attended SS earlier in the month and strolled through the mall. It was like stepping through a vortex into a 1970's ghost town.
Supercar Sunday is cool , but all that parking is kind of a waste in a way.
It's kind of like the Macy's in North Hollywood that is shutting down ..might be shut down already to make way for... "NoHo West" , which is a weird name, but at least it'll be good for it not to be a ghost town.

NOHOWest

It's amazing how long some of these places just sit and rot.

Finally after 20 years (or more?) the Montgomery Ward in Panorama City is being redeveloped

Panorama City's ICON Revealed | Urbanize LA

Old 09-30-2016, 01:09 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
What will happen to the restaurants
UPDATE: According to the Maggiano's manager this very evening, they are moving to the Topanga mall in about a year. They will be located at the Sears location either adjacent to or part of the new theater complex, she wasn't sure.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:04 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Supercar Sunday is cool , but all that parking is kind of a waste in a way.
It's kind of like the Macy's in North Hollywood that is shutting down ..might be shut down already to make way for... "NoHo West" , which is a weird name, but at least it'll be good for it not to be a ghost town.

NOHOWest

It's amazing how long some of these places just sit and rot.

Finally after 20 years (or more?) the Montgomery Ward in Panorama City is being redeveloped

Panorama City's ICON Revealed | Urbanize LA
If you look closely to those developer's plans, you can see graffiti, gangs and murders already occurring on the site. Panorama City? No thank you.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:51 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
If you look closely to those developer's plans, you can see graffiti, gangs and murders already occurring on the site. Panorama City? No thank you.
We shall see . I think anything would be an improvement from the current eyesore.
Many even with decent incomes are priced out of the nicer parts of the valley .
The same thing was also said about downtown L.A , echo park and I'm sure a lot of other parts of L.A
There are some nice homes and streets in panorama city already too . There are lots of hospitals in the area and people working likely have decent paying jobs especially if they are in nursing etc .

Old 10-05-2016, 11:50 PM

Someone who is friends with westfield employees in corporate told me that old sears building willbe a small movie theater with small shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles