Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:36 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,406,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
LA has the reputation as a sprawling suburb. So I compare it with the next closest thing I have to a sprawling suburb. That being NNJ. Can you show me the numbers that indicate the urbanized area of LA County is only 1K sqmi?
Why yes I can
Attached Thumbnails
Los Angeles is denser than even Northern NJ it seems-2016-10-21-16.31.07.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I think the whole point of that "urban area" list on wiki is to eliminate the unsettled parts and undeveloped areas.
Native Orange pretty much answered you for me, I have shown you on a county level and on a MSA/CSA level where nothing in NJ or NNJ can even come close, go ahead and throw in NYC if you must but then again if you do you have admitted this thread is done, don't you think?

Old 10-21-2016, 08:22 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Native Orange pretty much answered you for me, I have shown you on a county level and on a MSA/CSA level where nothing in NJ or NNJ can even come close, go ahead and throw in NYC if you must but then again if you do you have admitted this thread is done, don't you think?
Done with what exactly? Did you even read the OP? I think you are mistaken in whatever direction or vibe you feel this thread has taken.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Done with what exactly? Did you even read the OP? I think you are mistaken in whatever direction or vibe you feel this thread has taken.
This misconception you had about Los Angeles and its burbs, I think it is fair to say that this thread was an apples to oranges comparison.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
This misconception you had about Los Angeles and its burbs, I think it is fair to say that this thread was an apples to oranges comparison.
In my OP, and the title, I state LA county has more people than NJ as whole, and most are on the southern half. My title says LA is denser than NNJ.

I simply went off on a little tangent later on. I am playing around with some numbers and thoughts in my head. I found that LA city is same size as Morris County NJ, and that is perfect because like LA city, the NYC suburbs are just west of it (Morris County). I am trying to juxtapose LA urban area onto NNJ, and trying to picture what it will look and feel like.

What misconception do I have? That LA urban area is a sprawling suburb? It still is, at least visually. I visited before. It does not look any different than driving around Long Island or NNJ.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:37 PM

258 posts, read 195,988 times
Quote:
and most are on the southern half.
and that includes the valley..?

Old 10-22-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Posse on Broadway View Post
and that includes the valley..?
Is it not on the southern half? You are talking about the San Fernando Valley right?

Old 10-22-2016, 07:13 PM

258 posts, read 195,988 times
Quote:
Is it not on the southern half? You are talking about the San Fernando Valley right?
Yes...

If you're talking about the urban metro area or like contiguous urban area that would be like the northern half..

Old 10-22-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Posse on Broadway View Post
Yes...

If you're talking about the urban metro area or like contiguous urban area that would be like the northern half..
I meant the southern half of the whole county.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
In my OP, and the title, I state LA county has more people than NJ as whole, and most are on the southern half. My title says LA is denser than NNJ.

I simply went off on a little tangent later on. I am playing around with some numbers and thoughts in my head. I found that LA city is same size as Morris County NJ, and that is perfect because like LA city, the NYC suburbs are just west of it (Morris County). I am trying to juxtapose LA urban area onto NNJ, and trying to picture what it will look and feel like.

What misconception do I have? That LA urban area is a sprawling suburb? It still is, at least visually. I visited before. It does not look any different than driving around Long Island or NNJ.
dude get your story straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles