Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 12:23 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,180,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmogoose22 View Post
Also, this was fairly hurtful.
If the truth hurts, I'm sorry I'm not sorry.
Quote:
my reasons for asking for these amenities are that my spouse was hurt in a car accident and is confined to a wheelchair.
I sympathize, but my issue wasn't with your asking for the amenities - it was with the attitude with which you met the responses you didn't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 12:24 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,180,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
At $2300/mo you have great 1br options. Upscale, even. This would get you a nice pad in Torrance, Redondo Beach, Longbeach, and Culver City. All a very reasonable commute. If you're comfortable with an older unit you could get away with $2000/mo in any of these areas as well.
At $2,300 you could get a 2-bedroom in RPV and become my eventual neighbor (although now that I say it, I am not sure that's such a great selling point).

Old 10-28-2016, 10:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,677,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmogoose22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Honestly - and you're not going to like hearing it, but I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one thinking it - given your displayed maturity level, I'd like to know which airline you'll be flying with so that I can avoid having you as my pilot.
Also, this was fairly hurtful. I work for a small airline with three bases, you already know two of them so it wouldn't be hard to figure out. my reasons for asking for these amenities are that my spouse was hurt in a car accident and is confined to a wheelchair. She's productive though, she does scheduling work from home and can run errands, get coffee or lunch if the area is somewhat walkable. I want her to be able to do these things in a safe area. I also don't want to commute so that I can be home as often as possible with her. It's taken quite a bit of maturity to deal with this. You'd be quite lucky to ride with me, I'm excellent at my job.

You're going to move somewhere you have never been, with a wife who is disabled and has no one she knows to help her, if she needs help while you're away?

Sorry for your troubles, but this seems very unwise.

What's your plan if due to your job you're on the other side of the country and she has an issue, maybe not one requiring 911? But something you need a friend or family member to help with because you're not there and can't get back in a quick manner?

Last edited by volosong; 12-08-2016 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: inserted missing opening quote hypertag, fixed misattributed quote

Old 10-28-2016, 11:31 PM

508 posts, read 505,681 times
Good luck

Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 AM

8 posts, read 6,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Dude, good luck with this dream move. I stalked LA for 10 years before I finally moved here last week, and I still had to do a crap load of personal research and become an active member of the LA community here at CD. I hope you know what you're getting into.

Dude for real? You were here a week and are already talking down on people. Two snaps for doing what you had to do for you, in your situation. Were there not people rolling their eyes on this forum or IRL, or discouraging you, wondering if you were serious? Moving really isn't a big deal for everyone, we have different situations, circumstances, temperaments, etc. Some people really do drive out, crash with friends, and stay forever after having dreamed about it for a long time, others on a whim.

My main point is that even if this dude is straight up dreaming, or creating an imaginary situation, who cares? Forums like these are to educate and entertain. Will his situation match someone else's in someway, will the responses not provide answers or direction or ideas for someone else. My guess is, yeah, probably.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:15 AM

51 posts, read 52,753 times
You can't get a decent place for the small amount you want to spend. You'll end up in a crime area. Even those areas are pricey.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:19 AM

51 posts, read 52,753 times
Downey/ Norwalk area is very much a possibility for 1500!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles