Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 717 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My partner and I (based currently in Sydney, Australia) are trying to find the perfect area for us to move to.
We are wanting a house with lots of land (3-10 Acres) that isn't too far away from the city. About an hour away is our max.

1. Does this exist in the Southern CA area?
2. Please help us find it!

We have booked our flights to go over next month however we are not sure where to start looking once we are there.

Is there any gorgeous country living towns that you would recommend? Or maybe you know somewhere with amazing views.

Would LOVE to hear some feedback and advice

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 11:19 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times
Simi Valley?

Old 01-22-2017, 11:26 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,634,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSIE LAUREN View Post
Hello!

My partner and I (based currently in Sydney, Australia) are trying to find the perfect area for us to move to.
We are wanting a house with lots of land (3-10 Acres) that isn't too far away from the city. About an hour away is our max.

We have booked our flights to go over next month however we are not sure where to start looking once we are there.

Is there any gorgeous country living towns that you would recommend? Or maybe you know somewhere with amazing views.

Thank you in advance![
Los Angeles is huge. It takes more than an hour to drive from Chatsworth to San Pedro....and those communities are both within the CITY of Los Angeles. Factor in the county, and in OC and I.E. and Los Angeles as most people refer to is is a massive place.

That said, everything is budget dependent. Without any other info provided, you are probably looking at desert, or maybe possibly something in the mountains out in the i.e. Or in the smaller towns north of simi valley, or possibly between Santa Clarita and Bakersfield. But the only thing you'll be an hour from in any of those is the outskirts of LA metro...and likely an hour more to anything you'd go to the city for.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:35 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,690,115 times
Close to what city specifically? Downtown LA?
Topanga Canyon, Aguora Hills, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Newbury Park, Simi Valley. Or if you drive up the 5 freeway and check out Castaic maybe.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:46 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,547,409 times
Generally speaking these three things don't go together:

1. 3-10 Acres
2. Los Angeles
3. Within one hour drive

I suppose it may be able to be done with millions of dollars with #3 being the most difficult.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:19 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,920,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Close to what city specifically? Downtown LA?
Topanga Canyon, Aguora Hills, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Newbury Park, Simi Valley. Or if you drive up the 5 freeway and check out Castaic maybe.
Good advice. Plenty of places within a 1 hour drive to Downtown (off hours).

Old 01-23-2017, 08:23 AM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
i'll just add, since you're looking for a "gorgeous country town," that most rural areas are going to be gorgeous this spring, as we've had loads of rain. This does not mean that lush and green is their normal state.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Hello!

Thank you in advance!
I don't think this is a real thread, but I will play along.

How do you plan on supporting yourselves? You live in Sydney, so you want to leave a big city and live out in the middle of nowhere? Why not just do that in Australia?

What's your plan regarding citizenship? None of use here could go to Australia and just buy a home and land.

You have a beautiful country, why not just pursue this plane there?

And please don't call it "Cali", it's CA or California.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:20 AM

15 posts, read 14,554 times
OP should look into Lancaster, Victorville, Barstow area. He'll love it there .

Old 01-23-2017, 11:30 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,052,415 times
Quote:
Hello! We are wanting a house with lots of land (3-10 Acres) that isn't too far away from the city. About an hour away is our max. Would LOVE to hear some feedback and advice
Are you multi-millionaires?

Do you have immigrant visas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles