Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
You forgot the real quesion, is it pretty fly for a white guy?
Fairfax area is pretty fly for a rabbi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1zktTCVrDs

Old 03-07-2017, 02:57 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
No, but white non-Hispanic women are highly coveted in and around Los Angeles because there numbers are so few. Everyone who lives here is aware of this.

I'm not sure if you have any black, Hispanic or Middle Eastern straight male friends, but they all tend to have one thing in common -- they usually fancy white women, and they're not ashamed to admit it, even in the company of non-white women.

In many Los Angeles neighborhoods, there are lots of immigrants, both legal and illegal, and refugees that hail from highly dysfunctional cultures that are very disparate from our own American culture.

For example, in many Muslim and Latin American cultures/traditions, gang rape is normal and common. We've already observed quite a bit of this in Europe amidst their ongoing refugee crisis.

Although these men and boys tend to rape and assault women and girls in their own cultural groups, even within the borders of the United States, there are many documented occurrences of native-born Americans falling victim to rape and gang rape at the hands of legal/illegal immigrants and asylum-seekers.

If I was a white female who worked a graveyard shift, I would be more than a little concerned about living in a part of town with a preponderance of people from primitive, dysfunctional Third World cultures wherein rape and gang-rape are the norm.

Sorry to burst your PC bubble.
This is is so damn bigoted and not true in my experience. I live in New York and white girls walk around neighborhoods with large amounts of immigrants with no issues. In fact the immigrant neighborhoods here are quite safe, homicides are rare.

And since when are white women rare in Los Angeles? Maybe in some neighborhoods, but to say they're rare in general is quite a stretch.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:13 AM

363 posts, read 557,904 times
Hollywood is great if you're living the West Hills like Hollywood Heights/West Hollywood Hills. Just beware of the insane traffic jams.

Downtown is disgusting, I don't know why or how people live down there. Paying high rents to live near skid row is ridiculous and seems to attract out of towners who don't know any better.

Echo Park is being gentrified or at least attempts to gentrify but it's still a craphole and dangerous. It's been the Hood for a while and not much has changed IMO.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:16 AM

363 posts, read 557,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
This is is so damn bigoted and not true in my experience. I live in New York and white girls walk around neighborhoods with large amounts of immigrants with no issues. In fact the immigrant neighborhoods here are quite safe, homicides are rare.

And since when are white women rare in Los Angeles? Maybe in some neighborhoods, but to say they're rare in general is quite a stretch.
Ah I wished I could say this is true. My sister was almost gang raped by some Polish guys in Ridgewood area of Queens.

While yes they are considered White immigrants but still she never walked by herself again when that happened to her While living in New York city.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:58 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,722,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post

There are almost no Anglo whites in the more affordable areas of Los Angeles, which is what the OP is inquiring about. However, you wouldn't know that because, like you said, you don't live here.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:25 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,308,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
There are almost no Anglo whites in the more affordable areas of Los Angeles, which is what the OP is inquiring about. However, you wouldn't know that because, like you said, you don't live here.
There are Anglo whites in places like East Hollywood, Koreatown, Van Nuys, Burbank, Glendale... those aren't the cheapest areas, but they are fairly affordable.

I wouldn't feel comfortable as an Anglo white girl in any of those area though, except maybe Burbank.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Fairfax area is pretty fly for a rabbi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1zktTCVrDs
LOL, I remember that..

Old 03-08-2017, 07:50 AM

OP have you considered renting a room in a house ?

If you want to live in a nicer area for a more affordable price this might be a better bet. Maybe if you could get something with a private entrance and it's own bathroom .

Old 03-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
There are Anglo whites in places like East Hollywood, Koreatown, Van Nuys, Burbank, Glendale... those aren't the cheapest areas, but they are fairly affordable.

I wouldn't feel comfortable as an Anglo white girl in any of those area though, except maybe Burbank.
I'm not female but I've always felt safe in Burbank . You just don't see some of the crazy stuff you see in some of those other areas . It seems the thug or troublemaker types know they won't be tolerated in Burbank .

East Hollywood will gentrify eventually but it's still pretty rough . Streets are pretty dirty , homeless and homeless encampments , graffiti etc .

Old 03-08-2017, 08:09 AM

509 posts, read 485,143 times
Heheheh. I never saw so many paranoid people in one place. I wonder how many of you have ever actually spent a day in East Hollywood, let alone lived there. I even wonder how some of you even leave your house at all, if the world is so terrifying to you. The claim that no white people live in these areas mentioned in this thread is ridiculous. Where do you think white people with low incomes live within Los Angeles city limits? You might not be a racial majority (unless you consider Armenians to be white; see how silly such classifications are?) in these areas, and they may not be great to walk around in at night (for men or women), but welcome to city life. I've lived in a couple of the edgiest areas of Hollywood, and the worst thing that ever happened to me was someone letting their dog poop in front of my gate.

The OP is a troll post. Not only has she accepted a job in SoCal, she is also planning to live in Florida and raise goats in Utah all at the same time, according to her previous posts.

I'll butt out of this thread, but couldn't help myself from chiming in once. I'll leave you all with one thought. I lived in Asia for 8 years. I was a total minority there, as were blacks and Latinos. Guess what? Suddenly race seemed not to matter at all over there. Whites, blacks, and Latinos mingled together as one, which is still rare enough to be newsworthy over here. By the end of my 8 years, I felt like I had transcended race itself; it just seemed so childish to be hung up on it. Then, I returned to America. The most accurate way I can describe it is like graduating from college and landing back in kindergarten.

Uh-oh... I just notice a brown-ish looking person outside my window. Crap, I'm gonna have to stay indoors today again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles