Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:22 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
perez v. sharp is an example of bRown and black working together to solve issues we both face. If it happened in the early civil rights movement, why cant we have that now? lets work together and realize our likeness rather than pick our differences. some posters here would like us to keep fighting therefore i wont post here anymore so that others wont have to read such vile garbage written by others. it does not help the cause.

IF YOU AINT PART OF THE SOLUTION THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
kind of like let the problems deal with themselves, haha.
I think in the end, its going to have to be the black community and mexican community coming together and working their differences that is gonna end this kind of stuff.
not a bunch of handwringing people who arent sure who to blame so pick out the illegal.
like someone said earlier, its a homegrown problem that needs to be dealt at HOME.
Illegal immigrations is a seperate issue, and is not the solution to problems like this tragic murder.

Moderator, maybe you should delete topics that go off into rants about how illegal immigration is the cause of everything from traffic to higher rent in santa monica! those are WAY off the subject.
Im tired of hearing how upset people are with changing demographics in a city as big as la. Things change!

Too bad the new wave of people are brown instead of Irish and Italian like the last major waves in the early 20th century.

Last edited by amc760; 03-13-2008 at 02:30 PM..

Old 03-13-2008, 02:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunray View Post
I don't want to get off topic here. But you obviously don't know Black culture if you think we don't take pride in our cars and know how to dress, if anything Black music and dressing goes hand in hand. As for pride in our cars, that isn’t just Black, that’s a slice of Americana. Americans love their cars.

As for how you speak, you damn for sure not speaking "White", and you definitely not speaking Spanish when you talk to me or others who don't speak Spanish, so what's left, yes Black speak/slang. As far "locos tattoos", and flannel shirts, that's it, come on. There is more to dressing and styling than a loco tattoo and flannel shirts. I would be hard pressed to go to Mexico to find someone dress in a flannel shirt.

I give you credit for contributing to urban culture, but don't exaggerate. Now back on topic to "Football Star Slain".

Locs aka Locos arent tattoos, they are sunglasses. but i'm not sure if your from california so I'll let that slide, haha. That and you not knowing the impact latinos have made in California culture.

All i have to say about that is that people don't talk like that in Africa either. We're all from other places originally, man. Even you.

But either way, I wasn't competing with you, but trying to point how the two cultures relate in small ways, so maybe you could realize how we relate in the bigger much more important ways.

But i dont want to go into that before people get in a twist and delete everything.

I think the main point is too valuable to get deleted: stop competing, and notice our similarities more than our differences, because in the long run, thats whats going to get our communities farther.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:49 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And the only reason you keep getting called out is because you can't seperate the two concepts of an immigrant and a criminal.
Uhh, last time I checked people coming across the border illegally, were criminals because they crossed the border ILLEGALLY!

Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
Okay, I've had enough. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles