Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 12:26 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Hey where are all the secret stash, reserved-for-the nice-cool-kids super deals at?

I want and deserve a brand new four or more, 3000+ sq foot brand new SMH with all the modern day amenities on at least a quarter acre lot. It has to have a beach view, be on a cul-de-sac and be within walking distance to worldy stores and A-list entertainment?

I should also point out that I made some cool YouTube videos. So naturally I have to be close to Hollywood because all of the studios are going to be begging me to write, produce, and star in all of their next blockbuster epics for the next decade.

Budget is not an issue. I have a $2000,000 budget here.
Don't knock YouTube stars. You just described Jenna Marples and Roman Atwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 12:43 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Don't knock YouTube stars. You just described Jenna Marples and Roman Atwood.
But how many wannabe YouTube stars are there for each one that "makes it"?

Old 09-10-2017, 01:56 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
This couple chose to buy their first home in Murrieta. (That is one HECK of a commute to Huntington Beach every day.)

"The couple ditched their $1,644 one-bedroom apartment in Orange County and this spring purchased a new $430,000 house in the Riverside County city of Murrieta, becoming homeowners for the first time."

A new generation of young home buyers is tiptoeing into the market - LA Times
A 75 mile commute so that they can have a yard Wow, the things a pretty blonde 26 year old wife can have you do. He's looking at 1 1/2 hour commute everyday, maybe at a minimum. My parents did that for there first home. After the honeymoon phase that commute got real old real fast. My mom became a bucket of misery every morning.

Also, this couple will now give credence to that big list of people who like to complain how bad the traffic is and everyone has a long commute home, yada yada yada. And the thing that really caught, for all of this commuting, they still didn't get a house on the cheap. EVen though cheaper than the average home in the OC, 430k is a pretty big note.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:34 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
A 75 mile commute so that they can have a yard Wow, the things a pretty blonde 26 year old wife can have you do. He's looking at 1 1/2 hour commute everyday, maybe at a minimum. My parents did that for there first home. After the honeymoon phase that commute got real old real fast. My mom became a bucket of misery every morning.

Also, this couple will now give credence to that big list of people who like to complain how bad the traffic is and everyone has a long commute home, yada yada yada. And the thing that really caught, for all of this commuting, they still didn't get a house on the cheap. EVen though cheaper than the average home in the OC, 430k is a pretty big note.

Yea commute will be a *****. My friend lives near there at Canyon Lake. She commutes to Anaheim on rail and that's fine for her but HB dosn't have a rail system close by.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:34 PM

363 posts, read 557,372 times
Quote:
I've driven through Echo park lately. Not for me either. Especially for the prices. But to each his own. I'm not interested in being a trendsetter
yeah Echo park still looks like a crap hole to me. I don't know who would spend money on a house in that area. It's crazy.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
yeah Echo park still looks like a crap hole to me. I don't know who would spend money on a house in that area. It's crazy.
Average price in Echo Park now is $800,000 .. I could see buying there when prices were lower but there are nicer areas for those prices .

Highland park also.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:47 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
I don't see any attraction to living within L.A. city limits.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:25 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
430k is a pretty big note.
Although the article doesn't mention whether parents or others helped them out with a down payment, nor how much it might have been; I get the impression that they saved for awhile to be able to purchase this home. You do have to put SOMETHING down today, don't you? Or are those days--along with the starter 90 K condominium--gone as well?

Old 09-11-2017, 07:25 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Bye-bye Silver Lake, hello Pacoima: How one couple tackled L.A.'s sky-high real estate prices
Nope. Even if someone gave me a 2200 square foot home in Pacoima for FREE I would not live there. No way. Terrible area with terrible schools and terrible crime and lots of bad hombres and gangs. No thank you.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Although the article doesn't mention whether parents or others helped them out with a down payment, nor how much it might have been; I get the impression that they saved for awhile to be able to purchase this home. You do have to put SOMETHING down today, don't you? Or are those days--along with the starter 90 K condominium--gone as well?
Lowest I've heard of is FHA 3.5% down
But veterans can buy with VA loan 0 down .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles