Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 05:37 PM

23 posts, read 9,159 times

Advertisements

I'm almost 17 and I watched pulp fiction 2 weeks ago. I'm so addicted to the movie and how it's kinda like a real life movie. I've been writing a script inspired by it and I want to make it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 06:29 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungboi View Post
I'm almost 17 and I watched pulp fiction 2 weeks ago. I'm so addicted to the movie and how it's kinda like a real life movie. I've been writing a script inspired by it and I want to make it happen.
Not to be a downer but.....YOU DON"T. There's gatekeepers in place so that they dont get inundated with everybody who has a script. You would have to work hard to find a good literary agent. And even then it's a huge uphill climb. Hopefully even if your break a layer, you better hope Paramount or whoever doesn't steal your idea.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:37 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,194 times
Why limit yourself to Paramount?

Old 11-19-2016, 07:07 PM

23 posts, read 53,195 times
From Paramounts website
Quote:
Sorry, but we do not accept unsolicited script or story submissions. Submissions sent via postal or email will be destroyed without being read.
First you have to get yourself out in the public, try another studio, or make an independent film And show it at a film festival. If you are set on making the film idea you have now into a big screen film, try going to other studios, or do another film first and go the Film Festival route, then do the film you mentioned now at a later date once you get into the public eye.

Most studios list on there website, whether or not they accept script ideas, that being said, most studios also don't accept scripts from people not already in the business.

Another thing, ALWAYS remember to copyright your script before you atart showing it to people and studios, that way they can't take your idea, copyright it, and claim it as their own.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
I'd also suggest getting involved in high school drama classes and plays. Read stage plays on your own as well - start with the classics. If there are community theaters in your area, get involved, even if it's just as a stagehand at first.

Watch movies of all kinds - again, start with the classics. Read criticism of the movies and plays you study, then watch or read them again to see what makes them special.

Read biographies of playwrights and actors, then watch their films. Ditto famous directors. See if there are classes in short film-making in your area.

Learn your craft before you venture into Hollywood.

Then...break a leg!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:20 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
Just saw that you live in LA. Next summer, when you're out of school, look for studio day work as an movie or TV extra. There should be online listings for extra work - you may need to register with a current photo and as you are underage, a parent may need to accompany you. But do check it out - this might be the foot in the door you are seeking.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:26 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,655,981 times
Crash all the barmitzvahs, bahmizvahs, and bris' that you can, and get to know people in the business.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,503,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Crash all the barmitzvahs, bahmizvahs, and bris' that you can, and get to know people in the business.
Become a certified mohel.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:54 PM

406 posts, read 348,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yeah, no non Jews in the entertainment industry

Old 11-19-2016, 09:24 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,917,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Why limit yourself to Paramount?
This. You could try Vivid or Evil Angel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles